Thread: Just need to vent

Thanks

Default Just need to vent

I have been suffering with Lupus for over 10 yrs. (well it got a name 10 yrs. ago) I am on Plaquinol, neurontin and assorted other meds. Lately,, after my day ends my feet hurt enough to make me not want to stand up on them! If I keep going all day I know they hurt but I can work through it but if I sit down for 10 minutes when I go to stand again they are horrible. What the hell is that about???

Thanks

Hi Wolfsong,

Welcome to WHL.
    I have the same problem, I can go and be in pain, but I can work through it, as soon as I sit down, like in the car going home from work, it starts hurting alot, so much so, that I can barely walk in the house. My pain is not just in the feet, it is in the legs and hips as well.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My pain is in my hips like that. i don't know what it is but my dr ask if i was dign. with fibro. i said no and i don't know if i need to be tested for that. and if that what causeing the pain.
    call your dr.
    Keep Smiling

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi wolfsong,

welcome to our family. Seems like you have hit on yet another symptom that is shared by many of us with lupus, but the drs. and reading materials don't list it as a symptom. My feet and ankles will hurt so bad, that i just can not stand on them any more....and when i stand up after resting them, i look like a 100 year old woman trying to walk....drives me crazy.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i've been suffering from lupus, fibromyalgia and restless legs since 2004, and i totally know how you feel. My problem now is finding a new rheumatologist in washington,dc that takes strght dc medicaid.
    CHARMICAP

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome to the site Wolfsong!
    Sorry to hear about your diagnosis of Lupus it sucks but you have come and found the right place for support. I too have swelling or painful ankles or feet usually at the end of the day or even during the day. I once could only wear tennis shoes with insoles in them when I could wear shoes or UGGS with every out fit but it wasn't about fashion it was about comfort. Have you tried insoles in your shoes? Also, I have a handicap place card as stairs at the end of the work day are not my friend or walking distance is a challenge some times for me. If you don't have a handicap place card just ask your doctor for one so walking far is not an issue when you do have errands.
    Welcome again and I wish you health and remission!

Thanks

welcome wolfsong!!

I wish it would just go away too. When my feet hurt i just take my shoes off, lmfao! Wherever I am.... Isnt that awful? but I dont cvare, because guess what Im not hurting for anyone or anything. Things will get better. Ive had lupus for almpst 9 years since I was 17, so I ve always been this young person trapped in a 90 yr olds body. lol
    All you can do is pray and keep going he will see us through

Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!