Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: burning

Thanks

Question burning

hi just wanted to know does any have burning sensation in upper legs and is this related to lupus have been having this alot lately and is very uncomfortable seems to happen more at night when laying down.

Thanks

I get burning along my arms and legs. Since my rheumi has NO time to talk to me, I have researched this myself. I believe it is due to the neuropathy we get. Inflammation of the nerves, causing a burning sensation. Some patients take Neurontin/Gabapentin, but I do not. My daughter has MS and the Nuerontin has helped sometimes, but she is on massive doeses. She has the same burning senasations a lot.

Thanks

Kim,

I dont get a burning sensation but I have gotten a numbness in my legs, which either way is uncomfortable, but maybe you should call your doctor. Im sorry you arent getting any rest from this. I hope this goes away soon.

Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Thanks

Funny, I posted about this recently. I get the burning sensations as well. Sometimes I feel like a heater is blasting on my feet from the inside. Or I have a patch on my inner left thigh that gets this heat sensation and then dissipates. Hmmmmm, so I am not alone?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Me too..right now its my shoulder blade!! xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Right there with you, kim. Sorry you are suffering. It's hips, legs and ankles for me.

Take care,

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Thanks

WOW! We all have so much in common! Mine is like Jana's. Hips, legs and ankles. It can get pretty intense at times.

Take care and best of luck,
    Danice

Thanks

Hi Ladies,

Anytime you have burning or shooting hot pain it's fibromyalgia which, incidentally, runs with Lupus. I have it everywhere from upper back to ribs, hips, lower back to buttocks to legs, ankles and feet.

Many doctors won't give you answers because they don't know what it is. A good rhuemy will know what it is and do a pressure point test. Check out Fibromyalgia for Patients and Families by Daniel J. Wallace.

Basically, Fibro sends pain signals to different parts of your body (it's rewired your body and sends the wrong (pain) signals out). Many doctors will tell patients "it's all in your head." If you hear that, run Forest run as fast as you can for another rheumy.

Everyone reacts differently to meds. Presently on Lyrica. It makes me want to puke 24/7 and feeling completely drugged out in the mornings. More tired than ever; although it has helped some members on the board. What may work for one, may not work for another.

Take care & God Bless,

Faith

Thanks

Exclamation Omg!

OMG i get this ALL the time! from my knees up into my lower back and stomach. I HATE it. Sometimes by itself, sometimes with an ache. It keeps me up at night because that is usually when it is the worst. I have to go see a neurologist and get a full muscle/nerve study done and get some neuropathic meds. Question though...aren't people with neuropathy supposed to be treated with steroids? My meds im on are listed below and aren't helping after a month and a half although I know it can take longer...Hope you guys start feeling better! *hugs* -Brittanee
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Methotrexate- 2.5mg 4 pills 1x/week
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Bentyl- 10mg 4x/day, Miralax- 17g 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day
    Flonase 50mcg 2 sprays each 1x/day

Wanna know my story, just ask!

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Thanks

Yeah I get that down my spine my rheumy said it was not lupus related as lupus doesn't affect the back. He never mentioned fibromyalgia yet my personal trainer has and gave me some good gel to put on it which is kinda like Ben-gay gives a cooling sensation but not too much, the anti-inflammatory rheumy gave me has cut this back some.
    Spanglishqueen AKA Brenda or "B"