Thread: September 21, 2009

Thanks

Default September 21, 2009

That is the date Lisa and I are going to go cruising. We might do it for 6 months or longer. We'll see how it goes. Hope to make all the way down to Fla. If our boat holes together we will go up the east coast.

My plan is every town, like Galveston, we stop at I am going to call the local news to try and get them to do a story on Lupus and auto-immune disease. I can't talk very well about Lupus but if I can get one person to see that you can still have a life it will be well worth it.

Most here know we live in a school bus and don't have much but each other and something we both love Sailing. Our boat is not big and fancy but she is ours. We'll do this on my SS.

We still need a couple of thing like a laptop or a chart plotter for navigation and a wind generator to recharge the batteries. If I can't get that together we'll make do.

The friend that left 3 weeks ago is going to keep me up to date on good places to anchor, this will help as marinas cost to much to stay at very often.

I feel that this is one way to get the word out to people like me that didn't know anything about Lupus.

As we sail and can find wifi I'll post how we are doing and photos.

That's our plan.

Sitting on the beach drinking lemonade.
    Fair wind and following seas.
    David

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That sounds like an awesome trip!!! If you make it all the way up the coast to LI, there are plenty of places to dock!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

What a WONDERFUL plan it is David!!!!!! YOu are a GOOD person and you and Lisa DESERVE your HAPPINESS with one another. What a BEAUTIFUL LOVE you two share. Thats rare. I DO HOPE you can accomplish your goal on getting some awareness out there dring your trip. What a lovely idea and ill be thinking about YOU TWO and let us know when you can how its going! XXXXXXXXXXXX
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Wow how exciting for you both.I will keep popping here to read your adventures.You enjoy and you so deserve this trip.

Love n hugs Amanda.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sounds like a great time. hope you enjoy every minute of it. keep us posted when you can. can't wait to hear all about it.
    Keep Smiling

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hey David,

Sounds like you have quite an adventure planned. I installed a Garmin GPS with a big screen that's easy to see and use. Makes navigation a snap. I don't have a wind generator, I use two batteries instead, and it works well. It was cheaper than a generator, something you may want to consider. How far up the east coast do you think you might go? If you make it as far as Maine, you could park your tub next to mine and visit. Let me know if you are going to be coming this way, and I'll give you my phone number. I keep my boat moored at Cape Jellison, about halfway up the Maine coast. Hope you have a safe, and enjoyable trip.

Rob

Thanks

Hi Rob,
    I have 2 group 27 batteries and a 20 watt solar panel. I can add another 20 pretty cheap. That would give me about 3.4aph charging. I'm going to order a Bede owl led anchor light and we use led lamps from Wal Mart so my electrical requirements is low. VHF radio and depth sounder, nav lights. What will take more power is something to keep drinks cold. Right now all we have is a marine ice chest that will keep ice about 3 days if we stay out of it. There is long streatches where we can't buy fuel or supplies so we have to plan for that. I need to take the boat out and figure out the fuel comsumption. I can carry 12 gallons along with 5 gallon cans. We run the outboard just past the start and can motor about 4.5kts at that setting. 2 strokes do burn more fuel that 4 strokes.

I would like to find a notebook that doesn't take a lot of power to run and hook up my Garmin 72 gps then I can use it as a chart plotter maybe and internet. I use my 72 now to plot waypoints off my pc. I have MapTech and SeaClear II I use MapTech more just due to the fact I started with it. With Charlie emailing me the anchories that will help.

Not sure how far up the east coast we might get. Not even sure if Miss Froggy can make it all the way to Fla. but we are going to try. I will stay intough.

The doctors here all they are doing for me in NOTHING but costing me money to go for different test. Can't get them to do them all at one time. They just keep lets look here so they make an appointment each week. I'm hard core enough to fight this mess on my own and if it get to where I can't my son will fly me to a Mayo Clinic and we can go from there.

Sitting on the beach drinking lemonade.
    Fair wind and following seas.
    David

Thanks

This sounds like a great adventure. I can hardly wait to see your postings. I hope you always have red skies at night...

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.