Thread: Has anyone else experienced this ?

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Has anyone else experienced this ?

I had a very hard day at work on Friday and as soon as I got home I started feeling very ill. Felt like I was burning up with fever. When I got up from the bed I thought the shivering would not stop. It was so intense my muscles stared tighting up. Approximately 6 hours later I was warm again and began to feel better. Has anyone else experienced this and is it related to Lupus.

Thanks

Hi Teri....

Did you actually take your temperature during this? and did you have one?

What you describe sounds familiar to me, I've definitely had an overall feeling of being ill, especially after a hard working, stressful day. And had fevers that would come on suddently and caused shivering so intense, there's cramping. It's pretty painful.

It was quite a long time ago, but I recall it was when my temperature was rising rapidly and I ended up with a 104 degree fever. In the first few years after I was diagnosed, and flaring pretty much constantly, one of my most frequent symptoms I had with the joint pain, was fevers. In fact, I used to get them every afternoon and they'd last thru most of the night. Then break by morning and I'd feel better.

Really sorry this happened to you.....hope you can get some rest tonight.

Hugs,

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply lori. I did not take my temperature i was to sick, but the other time it happen i did take my temp and it was around 97%. My body temp is usually very warm. Maybe i have some weird thing were it spirals down instead of up. But it felt like fever and i was shivering like it was fever. Hmmm, just don't know!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I use to get it all the time like that. now every once in a while all of a sudden get reall hot joints hurt so tired i go lay down and as fast as it came its gone.In fact it just happend to me this week twice got home from work broke in a sweat had chills but my temp went to 100 and after a while it all went away. this week was very stressful too me so not sure if that was it.

next time take temp. and keep a record of how long it last, so when you go to dr's you can tell them.
    Keep Smiling

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I can't say that this is a lupus symptom cause I am not dignosed at this point even though I feel it is coming soon...

I have had sever problems like this... occured about 2 or 3 years ago while I was working I got severly hot was sweating and I got off work went stright to the dr... I thought that I was coming down with something... dr did all kinds of test but couldn't figure it out, by the time I got home I was freezing cold... that day it was over 100 degrees... go figure I was cold in that weather...

Now it is an on going thing for me... I will be extremey hot one minute and then freezing cold... according to my dr, she says I am doing this because of my raynauda's.... It's the only thing she can come up with... I can go out side and in a few minutes check my temp and what ever it is out side, my body temp will be close to that... If I am in air conditoning and its 70 drgrees check my temp and I am close to that temp... sounds crazy.... But I stay red white and blue most days depending on what the temp is I have to be carefull when I go out especailly if it is cold or extreme hot... I hate it...

I tell the dr my tempature gage is broken and needs fixing...we just laugh about it...

It can get scary at times if you are not carefull... I hope that it gets better....
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline