Thread: What a long strange trip it's been...

Thanks

Default What a long strange trip it's been...

Hi, I'm John and I have Lupus.

What? not like an A.A. meeting?

Oh, ok. I'll behave.

I have been told that I have everthing from latent syphilis to Primary Anti-Phospholipid Syndrome. Turns out that it isn't Primary, it is secondary to Lupus. It seems that I am not a "typical" case. We will just wait and see. More later, after I get a chance to explore this forum a bit.

BTW, I'm kind of a smart ass, I apologize in advance to all those members I may un-intentionally offend in the future.

Thanks

Hi John. (AA meeting)

Smart asses are welcome...so here is a big welcoming hug...squeeze.

Keep looking for your wellness.
    Night.
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Hi John and welcome

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi and welcome John, i chuckled at your message...you are like a naughty boy...we like them

So sorry to hear what you are going through.We are all nice here n sometimes naughty,but we support each other and help n laugh together also. Hope we can help you too through this.

Love n hugs
    Amanda.xxxx

P.s I love chocolate.xx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Hi, ummm, John (AA meeting where real names are not given)

Glad to have you join us. This is a great forum. Many members on that long strange trip with you....

Hope today finds you feeling well.

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi john,

we have several smart asses here, and some of us find ourselves apologizing for "smart ass comments".....that is ok, we understand....however, you will find an incredible amount of compassion and knowledge here, so i hope you decide to hang around..

we have several other guys who would probably enjoy a little bouting session with you.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

My trip started at the end of 2007 after my 3rd bout of kidney stones. I started to notice a "numb" patch on my right hand side just below my ribs. This strange new sensation was joined a month or so later by short dizzy spells (preceded by a metallic taste) and "numbness" attacks in various parts of my body, principally (but not limited to) fingers and feet.

A positive VDRL during routine blood tests led to a more specific test for trepanoma (read syphilis), the FTA-ABS. One thing led to another and I ended up in "Nutrición" a government run specialty hospital in Mexico City. There I was told that I have "latent syphilis". (As many of you may know a FTA-ABS gives false positives in people with APS.) Subsecuent testing has since determined that this was a false positive and that I have APS.
    A "funny" side note in retrospect, in the same hospital a Rheumatologist came into my room on the 3rd day, looked at my records in a hurry and as she was leaving said in a snotty voice said "Not MY specialty".

Just last week I went to see "the best" Rheumatologist in Mexico, recomended to me by the friendly people at the St. Thomas Lupus Clinic in London. She saw me and almost right away said "Lupus".
    Murphy was an optimist.

O'Toole's Commentary on Murphy's Law

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Jfal
    Welcome to the site and sorry to hear you had to go through so much to put a name to what you were experiencing. I do hope now you are being treated and feeling better. I have to say you have found the BEST SITE to find support, love, understanding and cyber friends who understand and know exactly what you have been through or will be there to chime in on anything that you have on your mind!
    Welcome again and I wish you health and remission!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default LOVE the sarcasim

Quote Originally Posted by jfal View Post
    Hi, I'm John and I have Lupus.

What? not like an A.A. meeting?

Oh, ok. I'll behave.

I have been told that I have everthing from latent syphilis to Primary Anti-Phospholipid Syndrome. Turns out that it isn't Primary, it is secondary to Lupus. It seems that I am not a "typical" case. We will just wait and see. More later, after I get a chance to explore this forum a bit.

BTW, I'm kind of a smart ass, I apologize in advance to all those members I may un-intentionally offend in the future.

BTW wanted to say I am not affended and rather enjoy smart ass-ness...is that a word???
    WELCOME AGAIN!

Thanks

Jfal, Jfal, Jfal.....

I believe you have met your match, lol. I too am a smart ass or as I like to put it Witty, lol. I think me and you will be good friends
    Welcome!!!!!!! And I look forward to hearing from you.

Chriss!!
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!