Hi everyone,

My lupus has been in remission for quite some time now, I have hardly experienced any symptoms at all for months and my doctor is starting to decrease my medications so that I can hopefully start trying to get pregnant next year! That said, I'm feeling a bit nervous about a dull pain I've been feeling in my lower left rib cage starting this past Monday. Last Saturday I went hiking with my mom and although I did wear sunscreen I did have to walk long stretches with no shade on a very sunny day up in the hills. I have had at least one flare in the past that I believe was triggered by being in the sun (that time only for about an hour, this time was much longer). I've also been having what I think is a sinus infection for awhile now and this week my fingers have started to ache a little bit. I've taken two days off of work to rest because if this is the beginning of a flare I want to make sure I head it off before it turns into anything too serious.

Anyway, so starting Monday I began to notice this sort of dull aching pain in my lower left rib cage, just under my left breast and it seems to radiate through to my back. It is not tender to the touch and it does not seem to be caused by movement. I've had it sitting up and laying down, it has actually been bad enough to wake me up at least once this week. It's not an unbearable pain (although my threshold for pain has become much higher since I developed lupus) although sometimes it does get bad enough that I feel like I might throw up. It never lasts more than a few minutes at a time.

Has anyone else had this? I'm hoping it's just gas or something since I have been feeling very bloated and gassy. My doctor will be back in the office tomorrow so I'm going to try to talk to him then, but in the meantime does anyone have any thoughts on what it could be? Could it be a new lupus symptom?

Thanks in advance for your responses.