Thread: A Down Day

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default A Down Day

I am having a "down day" today. Lately, it seems that my lupus symptoms are getting a little worse day by day, plus economic pressures aren't helping my situation. I have a Drs. appt. the 3rd of August and I have a lot of issues to talk to him about, but he can't handle more than one or two medical issues at a time. Unfortunately, the health issues have been building up for two months. I need to find a constructive way to get out of "downers". Suggestions would be appreciated? Thanks everyone, for being so supportive of my problems.

Thanks

drnkofwtr,

Im sorry you're having a tough time right now, try and stay strong this will pass. I wish I could just tell you to just cheer up, but its just not that simple I know. For myself when Im down I usually try to find the positve in my situation. Like you mentioned your economic issues, just think how blessed you are and how there is someone who has it worse than you. Look at things like even though things arent quite the way you want them to be they could be worse and look at it all as a blessing. I always tell the people that I know that have lupus.... God gave us this disease because he knew we were strong enough to handle it, I know it sounds crazy but, he never gives us more than we can handle, trust me I know. Thing will get better really soon.

hugs
    Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Thanks

The thing I used to do when I was really sick...and actually still do is lose myself in a good book. It doesn't take the pain away, but it distracts you from all that is going on and lets you lose yourself for a little while. You stop focusing on yourself and it does make you feel better. I could barely walk at times, but I found a way to get myself to the library and back to get some books. I hope your doctor visit goes good and you find some relief soon!

Thanks

Down days...I've had a lot of them recently. I think we sometimes focus so much on our problems we get ourselves in a rut! I truely have been so stressed and become down frequently that I have thought about seeing someone. With my recent hospitalization I just kept focusing on all my issues and kept thinking that other things were arising. And the unknown reasons why these issues are happening making you concerned too!

One thing I like to do is write in a journal. This helps me release what I am feeling. I also am deep rooted in my faith and like to read daily meditation passages to reflect on and pray. And I post and talk alot with others on this site. We all understand each other here and help each other through the hard times.

I hope you find what is best for you for coping. And remember that we are all here for you. I hope things get sunnier for you soon!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh im sending you gentle hugs.Im there with you,been down for a while. For me,i come here n chat even when im crying and noone see's so its ok. Also,today,my knees were swollen,elbows throbbing,lack of sleep, worries.....was really low.So i got up,quick wash,jog suit on,dog on lead and went to the field which is nearby.Sat on a bench full of mud......just sat and tried to forget which isnt easy.But when i came back,did feel something was a little easier.Do something spontenious....something out of the normal routine no matter how little.But never forget....we are a button away!!

Love n hugs
    Amanda.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

DoW -
    I am feelin ya right now and sending you hugs.
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

I usually just stand outside and enjoy the surrounding and be thankful for what I have and I try to focus on the positive. I'm not saying u should do this but I usually treat myself to something I can't have like ice cream (depending on how im feeling and if I was good with my diet) or I buy myself something..maybe a ten dollar shirt or something small from Walmart....I hope u feel better I just got out of a flare not too long ago. And it is very rough everything gets out of whack and everything can feel overwhelming.

I hope u feel better soon and take care