Thread: QUESTION ABOUT A SYMPTOM ???

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default QUESTION ABOUT A SYMPTOM ???

This is really strange and the first time it happened was today. This is actually my 4th new symptom in this year. I'm not sure why all this is happening?

When I got out of the shower, my face was super, super red like I had been in the sun for 1 hour. Actually, I almost thought it was purple and it scared me. But it was just real, real sunburnt color. That lasted awhile.

Then my other symptom which is a first, when I got out of the shower, both my legs were all broke out. They were like that for awhile then started slowly going away. It was just on the inside and not outside of my legs. They were both from my kneecaps down toward near my ankles. What is the reason for that? Does anyone know if they are anything possibly to do with Lupus or is this all my CFS illness?

CindyLou

Thanks

Cindy Lou, I have also had this happen. My doctor's theory about this was that it was the heat of the shower that brought out the rash and the sunburned look. It's still probably something you want to ask your doctor about in case there's something else going on.

Thanks

Default IN REGARDS TO THE RASH AND SUNBURN

Does the doctor know why the heat in a shower would cause the rash and sunburn look? Is that why when you go out in the heat, you get a sunburned face?

Is this related to Lupus or does it happen in autoimmune diseases?

CindyLou

Thanks

I guess heat can sometimes make symptoms in lupus worse, I know it does for me. The doctor didn't really explain why. Maybe your doctor can shed some light on the subject.

Thanks

Default Showers--clean after a nightmare

I, too, get red in the shower, but what's worse is that it wreaks havoc with my body temp, which is either at low-grade fever range, or has bottomed out altogether. I have to work myself up to take one, even though it feels so good on my sore muscles. I end up burning or freezing, with my body fluctuating wildly between 100 degrees and 97. It's a nightmare.

So no, you're not alone with your red face. Don't scrub it, whatever you do. Use a gentle cleanser, or only dark-warm water, and try to keep the water temperature as close to room or body temp as possible to avoid the extremes of heat.

Isn't Lupus fun? It makes even the simplest thing an adventure...
    Make life into art.

Thanks

I live with naturally red skin now, since I have had Lupus. In the winter, people are always asking me if I have been in the tan beds..LOL...I just have to tell them that it is caused from this poopy lupus.... The only rash I get is on my arm, and occassionally on my thighs. and it wont go away for months to a year or more. The only reason it disappeared this time, was I tried the tanning bed. And it took it right away in 3 tans.
    Only with prayer, am I still here.....
    Roni Shawn Teem
    ronishawn33or@hotmail.com
    ronigirl30al@yahoo.com
    ~ OR ~
    Business Website & E-maill address: www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/rhondateem
    rhondateem@prepaidlegal.net
    (A little secret: I sell prepaid legal services!)

Thanks

I used to get really bad rashes on my legs, arms, chest, everywhere. They go away in a few days. And whenever I take a shower, my cheeks do get red sometimes.

My dr. said it is from lupus. It just happens.