Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My mom, prayers needed

Thanks

Default My mom, prayers needed

As some have noticed (with my drop of wins in the arcade--lol), I've been distracted as of late. On Sunday I received a phone call that my mom (65) is not doing well and that an ambulance is at her home. Sunday and yesterday we were sorting out what was wrong. Seems that she was in heart failure and possibly had a heart attack. Today we got more of the story. She apparenlty had a heart attack within the last few weeks and she has an 80% blockage in her heart. She also had another blockage, but that blockage bypassed itself (how interesting is that).

Tomorrow she will be transported to another hospital to have a stent put in. Work remains very demanding and although seemingly supportive, they still have high expectations. I think of you all often! Thanks,

Larz
    My Avatar represents most of my doctors. They don't want to look at what is going on, listen to what I'm saying or tell me anything!! Sound familiar?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh My i will be thinking of her and sending you both my thoughts,hugs n love.We are all here for you.She must have had pain n thought it was nothing...poor lady.Shes in the best place now to get her well again.

Thinking of you
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Default Larz -

I am sending you hugs and prayers for your mother's health and your own. Please keep us posted. Out of respect, I will not try to defeat any of your arcade scores while you are away, lol.

Take care,

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Thanks

Hugs to you Larry...I'll keep your Mother, and you, in my prayers as well.

Take care of yourself and when you get a chance, please let us know how your mom is doing.

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Your mom is in my prayers.... Remember God will never give us more that we can handle. We are here supporting you and your family
    I don't know if I can be as kind as Jana when it comes to you top scores, LOL.
    Everyday holds the possibility of a Miracle

SLE, Nephritis, Raynaud's, previous ITP
    Plaquenil, baby aspirin, Flinstones vitamins

Thanks

Hi Larry... I felt something when I posted on your profile this morning..where is Larry. I did notice and felt you were gone...head hugs and love to your Mom.

My Dad and brother had STENS inserted too in 2005 and are doing very well. Modern medicine, amazing what they can do, eh? I have said a prayer and many more to come when I lay my head to rest tonight...

It is amazing how the body, heart will create a new bypass. It happened to my Mom. As you can read heart disease runs rampant in my family. Thus far, has affected a sister too...congestive heart failure. Mom and Dad both had heart bypass surgery...Dad 6..Mom 7.

So, If you have any questions Larry I am here....and if no questions, just a ear to listen, I have that too...

Be well. Get well wishes for your Mom...
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi larry,

i am so sorry to hear about your mom....i know this has really frightened you. You and your mom will be in my prayers tonight.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'll be praying also. (((Hugs)))

I gave up on the arcade quite some time ago. It's just too much of a challenge. I'd travel over and take advantage of it while you're gone, but there are a lot of awesome game players there too that I never could beat. I think it was Jane I kept facing the most. I got tired of losing.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I am so sorry to hear this Larry. I hope she gets better ASAP. She will be in my thoughts and well wishes.

Rob

Thanks

Larry, I am so sorry you have so much going on with your mom and the demands from work. I will be thinking of your mama all day tomorrow and I will be keeping you in my thoughts as well. Make sure through all of this that you make sure to take care of yourself. Rest when you need to and vent to us when things get to be a little to much. We are here for you through this period of your life and will help you deal with it. Keep us posted when you can and we are all sending you gentle hugs tonight
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram