Thread: Acupuntcure

Thanks

Default Acupuntcure

While at Rheumy's office I started reading the RA magazine and one of the treatments recommended by some doctors is acupuncture to help relieve the stiffness and inflammation. Just curious if anyone here has done that or any other alternative treatment such as Chiropractors and if so what were the results?
    Spanglishqueen AKA Brenda or "B"

Thanks

Default Love it

One of my presenting symptoms for this dastardly illness was nausea...full time for about three years. Only phenegren (not sure if I spelled that correctly) relieved the symptoms, and then, only part of the time.

At my wits end, I found a wonderful man who studied accupuncture in China for 8 years. I went for treatments twice a week for a couple of months. Now, the nausea only rarely raises its ugly head. I'm a believer.

It's been a great experience for me. Whether my mind thinks it works, or whether it actually does work, is unknown to me. I don't care. I'm simply very thankful not to be sick with nausea every day.

Good luck. Let me know how it works for you, if you decide to try it.

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Thanks

Hi,
    I have just started chiropractic care for the pain. I will definitely let you know if it works!!!

Dassar

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi spanglishqueen,

i have heard that accupuncture was a great treatment for fibromyalgia, but was advised to be careful in choosing an accupuncturist. I have not heard anything about accupuncture for lupus symptoms.

this will be an interesting thread, thanks for introducing this topic.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

all i have to say is WOO FRIGIN HOO to accupucnture!!!! The cost stinks BUT do it when you can afford it because i never feel BETTER than when i get it done! For me the chiropractor made me worse. As was said, be CAREFUL about WHO you choose for the accupuncture, i went to a 76 yr old man who came here from China and he was taught from the BEST over there and has been doing it for 50 plus yrs now!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette