Thread: Lymph Nodes.....

Thanks

Default Lymph Nodes.....

Hi my loves! I am sorry I have been missing for a few days but as you know Tim is still gone and my friend Krya has not left me alone because of the doctors appointment last week. We ended up going up north for the weekend to Flagstaff. It was a nice break from the Phoenix heat and it was so nice that they included me in their family activities this weekend

I have a question for all of you. Do you ever have problems with your Lymph Nodes? I have one that is on my leg near the groin area and it is swollen. The doctor saw it last Tuesday and just told me to watch it over the next three weeks. I was wondering if you all have these issues and how long does it normally take for them to go down? I have read that Lymph Nodes will swell during flares. After last Tuesday I am a little paranoid about everything and with Tim gone have lots of time to worry and if this is normal I will put in the back of my head for another day! Thanks so much and I missed you all this weekend and I am so glad to be back in touch!!!!!

Danica

As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

Hi Danica
    I have had the swollen lymph nodes in the past prior to my diagnosis. It actually was prominent when I was in extreme pain. I have noticed however since I started the treatment for lupus it has not bothered me that much.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend. You were missed

Anyway, have a wonderful day!!!

Dassar RN

Thanks

I do get it sometimes, in my groin, under my arms and in the jaw, neck area. It usually lasts a couple of days and after that it is back to normal. But it can be very painful.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've had problems with swollen lymph nodes for the past ten years and have only been diagnosed with SLE since January. For me they only last about two weeks and they come and go from all areas, mostly my neck and underarms. Occasionally they are sore to the touch but don't give me problems. I've had them biopsied with and a needle and they completely removed one from my armpit but both times they were benign. Since my diagnosis I just blame them on the lupus factor along with everything else. Hope this helps!
    Everyday holds the possibility of a Miracle

SLE, Nephritis, Raynaud's, previous ITP
    Plaquenil, baby aspirin, Flinstones vitamins

Thanks

Danica,

I also have lymph nodes, sometimes they are more pronounced than other times. My doctor did a biopsy on mine just to be sure it wasnt anything serious, it wasnt. I did some reading and lymph nodes and nodules is another symptom or side effect of Lupus
    But yes I have them in my breast, armpits, and neck

I would try and get it tested to be on the safe side

Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh Danica,

Im sorry you have this.Me too...groin and neck.Having a ct on my neck soon.Hope yours eases soon.

Love Amanda.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My swell up in the back of my neck by hair line and believe it in back of my head on either side. my dr. told me it happens when i am in a flare or one is coming on.
    Keep Smiling

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Danica,
    As you know, I am having a lymph node issue right now, but it's in the lungs. As far as I know, the other ones have been ok so far. Does the doc think this is related to the hormone issue? What does he want to do for it? I have to get mine biopsied, do you??
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Thanks everyone! You have made me feel much better. I think mine is actually starting to go down. It does not hurt to the touch anymore so I think that is a start. I have to remember to not poke at it all the time.....hehehehehe! I will get them ,y neck when I get sick and they do go down but it can take a week or so.

Sandy: He said that iw was probably nothing and to give it a few weeks and if it is still bothering me I can go back in a see him. He even said it could be an infection from shaving that area or a virus mt body is fighting off but because all by blood count....white and red came back fine and I am not running a fever, it will probably just go away on its own. He wasn't worried at all but you now how we can worry a little more than normal. I will be thinking about you on Friday and I know it will all be ok and come out just fine

I am glad I am not the only one dealing with this issue and I will not be alarmed if it comes back in the future. Thanks for all your stories and making me feel better
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram