Thread: Got into rheumy!

Thanks

Default Got into rheumy!

Hi guys!
    My rheumy called yesterday and said they had an opening in the afternoon, so I went ahead and went in to see him instead of waiting til the 18th. As usual, I was kind of dissapointed. I understand his caution though. It looks like I was + for RF but it was only 44 which he did not seem to think was too high. And although my CRP was high and my ESR had been high twice...he just said that it was indicative of inflammation somewhere in the body...but we had no idea where. He mentioned lupus once, but very carefully as my ANA was negative. He did run a complete RF panel and ANA panel (whatever that is) and multiple other blood tests....electrolytes, hepatic panel, cbc, TSH, and several others that I was not familiar with. I had a temp of 100.0 my heart rate was 115 and my BP was 147/91. He also ordered an arterial and venous doppler study of my legs/feet, as he said the circulation was not very good. He was kind of leaning toward a pheochromocytoma (adrenal tumor). He is also collecting a 24 hour urine and did a regular UA. I have another appt in 3 weeks. He said there was nothing really significant in my joints and that this was kind of like looking for a needle in a haystack, but that we would get started because there was obviously something causing my symptoms. I spent the entire weekend in bed...literally unable to move!!! I am SO tired of this!!! My job is almost overwhelming and then when you feel bad to boot it is really not a good thing. Please keep me in your prayers that whatever this is we will be able to find the cause and start some kind of treatment. Thanks for listening!!!!
    HUGGS,
    Deana

Thanks

Hi Deana, I was glad to hear you were able to get in earlier (To me, waiting is unbearable) At least things are in motion and hopefully, you'll get to the bottom of this. I was glad to hear he was running the 24 hr. urine test. Keep us posted!

Thanks

Deana, it's good that you got in earlier. Sorry you don't have any concrete answers. Waiting for a diagnosis can be frustrating. I completely relate. My first rheumy was over cautious and refused to look at new symptoms as they developed. I switched doctors and my new rheumy is also cautious about diagnosis, but she listens and treats my symptoms. She said she is treating me for lupus but hasn't given me the diagnosis because it can affect things such as insurances. Even though I am no medical doctor it sounds like you definitely have something with some of your positive labs. I've read it can take years of putting all the pieces of the puzzle together to get an accurate diagnosis.

I am sorry you have been so sick. It seems I have had one ongoing flare since the warm weather of summer started and have spent many days in bed. I hope you find some relief soon. Take care and keep us updated.

Thanks

Default I wish you didn't have to go through all of this! reg-tt

I had want to three direntant doctors, before I even wanted to believe I even have lupus. I awoke one morning couldn't got up out of my bed, unless I crow like a baby, and in some unexplained pain, in my legs and knees.I couldn't believe all the medication I to take just to say out of pain,
    and just to keep the lupus under control.I can go on and on. I talk to you later. got to go work! :lol: