Thread: ??? what would you do

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default ??? what would you do

I have a ??? or a situation and need some advice about it...

I have lost all my medical insurance (waiting to see if I can get disablity) anyway... before I had my medical insurance I use to go to the clinic, well it was a place that was like a clinic... I did not like to go there because of the way they treated me and the fact that they could not figure out what was wrong with me and the dr was foreign(sp) and I could not understand him,plus several other issues there... Anyway we got insurance and we found a wonderfull doctor I have been with her for over 4 years now... She has been wonderfull...

This has been the only dr that has been able to find out what most of my problems are...I have had most of these problems all my life... anyway she has requested I see the ruem dr which wants 300 up front to see her...Can't afford and this is a ruem dr that is at the Medical Collage of Georgia, a teaching school, you would think that they would work with you on a pmt plan..(not) Anyway I can keep going to the my regular dr which is some help which cost me 80 a trip and then some depending on what they do... or I can go back to the clinic which I feel is no help but less money... but maybe they can do the test that needs done.... or the last option is the ER but thats not much help either....

If I change and go back to the clinic I will have to change all my medical records back and then if I get insurance I will have to change it all back to the regular dr. (that's a pain) plus I think if I change back to the clinic they may want to change the treatment plan that I am currently on which does help for they are treating... I don't want that changed I just want more answers for what is going on.... Everyone keeps talking to me about RA or Lupus, all the way from the regular dr who is an internal medicne dr to the ortho dr that i was refered to by the disability office... But I can't seem to get any further due to know insurance...

???? should I just keep saving up my money for the ruem dr and the test ??? or should I go back to the clinic and talk them into doing the test that is needed....They can do the test buts thats all they can do.... They can't get me ruem dr...

What to do oh what to do.....
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am so sorry that you are faced with such a dilema. However, we cannot tell you what you should do as this has to be your own decision based upon your financial situation and your health care needs. It would be unethical for us to tell you which way to go in this situation. If you followed our advise and it did not work out, then we could be liable. So, while I truly wish that we could give you an answer, we cannot.
    I do hope that you are able to find a solution that works for you and we are here for you, whatever decision you make.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well it wasn't that I was asking for someone to tell me what to do was just looking for an opinion as if you had to deal with the situation...

it is just a hard one to deal with no knowing what would be best.... i keep thinking that the regular dr is the best way to go because I am going to get what I need from there. but I also think maybe I can get the clinic to do the test that is needed...

still thinking it over and over.... It was just easier when the insurance made my decisions about this and I didn't have to worrie about it...
    Lea
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh Leann you have been through so much i am sorry to hear about your dilemma.I too am not sure whats best.I wish you had the insurance,but you have'nt.So think....what do you think is best? Maybe get the new doc n get records sent to him n wait.....then get a rheumi....or stay with the doc and just get the test and no rheumi? I see how difficult it is.....remember you need a rheumi....so is this the answer i wonder? I hope you decide whats the best outcome.I just think why waste time n effort n money if at the end you have to start again to find a rheumi....if that makes sense.Let me know what you decide.Goodluck.

Love Amanda.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks,

My husband and I have been talking about it, first he thought that going to the clinic was going to be ok then I explained about changing records and now he thinks the regular dr is best... I am not sure... I want to stay with the reg. dr but I want the test done and I can't afford it at the reg dr. she has been asking me to take this test for almost 6 months... and I just can not afford it...but then again I could go to the clinic and they could want money for the same test if they think I need it... sometimes they charge you for some things and some things they don't...

it's hard a decision... We are leaning on staying with the regular dr. even though we really can not afford to... but I feel in the long run that it would be best... who knows...
    Lea
    Medication