Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What does your username mean?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

ahhh what a great thread

mine is quite precular well first half is tiggerlishus before i found this site i was also on a dating website and when i joined up i wanted soemthing different so mysister sat here racknig our brains i am quite a winne poo fan but love eeyore much more than tigger but when i did work i was known for when i was full of energy for bouncing round the office going @bouncings what tiggers do best!! boing boing boing' soo to turn something quite kiddish in to sexy we came up with tiggerlishus which sort sum me up kiddish but sexy lmao

and second half Heidi thats my first name ( my mum choose this cause it was her fav film!) so there you go story behind my name up

looking forward to reading more of yours xxx

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Mine is pretty simple. Rob is short for my first name Robert. A few years ago I wrote some opinion and guest articles for a couple of different magazines, and in an effort to stay somewhat anonymous and avoid too many kooks calling/bugging me I dropped my last name and just went by my first name and my middle name which is Banks-Rob Banks. But, that didn't work well as I had all sorts of people ask me if Rob Banks was my name, or my profession! So, my pen name was Robert Banks.

Thanks

What's in a name....

Ikeoluwa shortened...Oluwa...pronunced E-kay-Oh-loo-wha. Meaning God has authority over me, in His care in Yoruba. My Mum-in-law, who is Nigerian gave me that name.

I've tried to learn Yoruba, but my tongue just doesn't roll that way. I laugh, they laugh when I try. I just know really one or two words..beeni. Means yes. Been means okay..

Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Thanx Lori,

Everybody always expects a boy when they see my name in paper. My mom spelled it like a boy Christian, Rose Marie is after my Great Grandmother, may her soul r.i.p.

I love Bob Marley too!!!! He is awesome

Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Thanks

Awesome!!! I thank all of you for sharing...I think we learned a lot about each other in this fun little thread. Chriss Your name is absolutely beautiful. Love Abas and Oluwa how your names including spiritual meaning. KDucks hahah I guess that now explains the pic. Natasha love the "ghettofied" Lexus. Jerzi are you from NJ or just have the accent? Tiger did you have to knock 'em back with a stick? (that is sexy and fun). Rasta that is a great story I too love Jamaica. Rob that's a cute story I can see how people spamming you constantly about robbing banks got old quick Butterfly cute spin on your hobby and the rash. I love how you made it into a positive. GrimE love it! Magistra that is very creative name showing a love for your profession. Pearl I would have never thought your name was inspired by a horse..they are beautiful animals...but I fear them. Dagmar is a beautiful name love how you simplified the name for us American folk my maiden name was Sanabria can you guess how many times it got messed up Sandy and Monique I love your boldness and straightforwardness tells me a lot about you. Which I already could tell from your Threads.

By the way I finally figured out how to do a signature LOL
    Last edited by Spanglishqueen; 07-25-2009 at 07:46 AM.
    Spanglishqueen AKA Brenda or "B"

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crmj1183 View Post
    Well, Spanglishqueen,

CRMJ1183- These are my initials of my full name and the month and year in which I was born.... Christian Rose Marie Jennings, November 1983. Thats me.
    All my friends call me Chriss, I was thinking about changing my name on my profile to that. So I guess you can say Im in disgusie but not really because that is my actual name.

Crmj1183, Thats me.... Chriss
    That, is a cool name! Just think, a few years down the road, your office could be called "The Law Offices of Christian Rose Marie Jennings". That has a nice ring to it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My name is simple to, it is my first name and my middle name... I don't use my middle name any longer and most people call me Leah which is wrong, it my be spelled Lea (but it is pronounced as Lee) Like I tell people it's like the jean company....

It's that simple Leaann
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I love this thread. I truly enjoyed reading about everyone's user names and how they were inspired! I knew there was a reason that "Oluwa" made me feel so calm and at peace!!
    My user name is very simple. My nickname is Susie, I've been called that all of my life. The "Say" part is a part of the last name belonging to a very dear friend who I lost. So, in remembrance of that friend, I use "Saysusie" as my user name!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Last edited by Saysusie; 07-25-2009 at 12:11 PM.
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oluwa View Post
    What's in a name....

Ikeoluwa shortened...Oluwa...pronunced E-kay-Oh-loo-wha. Meaning God has authority over me, in His care in Yoruba. My Mum-in-law, who is Nigerian gave me that name.

I've tried to learn Yoruba, but my tongue just doesn't roll that way. I laugh, they laugh when I try. I just know really one or two words..beeni. Means yes. Been means okay..

Love,
    Oluwa
    Finally!! The question has been answered. Ever since I joined here, I've wondered about the name Oluwa.....it's a beautiful name....and felt spiritual to me. And definitely unique.

Now I understand.....thanks for sharing it with us, Ikeoluwa.

You, and your name, are inspiring.

Lori

Thanks

Oh yeah Rob, Thats exactly what I had in mind

You might see that name in Politics, DUM, DUM, DUMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

LOL, LOL, LOL.... (SINISTER LAUGH)

CHRISS!
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!