Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What does your username mean?

Thanks

Default What does your username mean?

I started this thread because I love user names. A user name tells a lot about a person regardless of whether it's just your name or not. By using just your name you are pretty much revealing yourself to the world as you are ..straightforward nothing to hide. More creative user names indicates something you are fond of whether its a memory or part of your heritage.

So share the story behind your user name.

My user name is Spanglishqueen:

Well I'm Puerto Rican, I was born in Puerto Rico and raised in TN. I grew up in a household in which my parents encouraged us to speak both languages. When I didn't know a word in English I'd say it in Spanish. Therefore I ended up speaking a combination of both languages hence the word Spanglish. And since I did it so often even with my Spanish clients I became Spanglish queen.

So muchas gracias everybody for listening to me.

Thanks

Well, Spanglishqueen,

CRMJ1183- These are my initials of my full name and the month and year in which I was born.... Christian Rose Marie Jennings, November 1983. Thats me.
    All my friends call me Chriss, I was thinking about changing my name on my profile to that. So I guess you can say Im in disgusie but not really because that is my actual name.

Crmj1183, Thats me.... Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Thanks

Mine is pretty simple
    I love Butterflies! (and it just happens that we have a disease that gives us a butterfly rash)
    I am an Nurse!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My username comes from my high school years...me and my girls made nicknames for ourselves based on cars we wished we owned...LOL mine was a Lexus but we had to make it ghetto beautiful so I became Leksie (pronounced Lexy, spelling is different because it looks better graffitied) my bestfriend was Sadie after Mercedes and so on... These were the best years of my life and Leksie is just an alias (usually was for the ugly boys) but I like the ambiguity of it for online use. I've warmed up to you all so now you'll see me as my friends do...Natasha
    Last edited by Leksie; 07-24-2009 at 04:52 PM.
    Everyday holds the possibility of a Miracle

SLE, Nephritis, Raynaud's, previous ITP
    Plaquenil, baby aspirin, Flinstones vitamins

Thanks

Cool

What fun!!

This is a great thread, Spanglishqueen. I am very much a "name" person....I agree, I get a feel for people by their name...real and screen names.

I go ahead and use both of my names on here now, but when I first joined, because this was the first forum I'd ever been on, I remained anonymously, Rastagirl, for awhile.

Where did Rastagirl come from....... ???????

I am a HUGE, HUGE Bob Marley fan!!!!

And I absolutely LOVE Jamaica!! And Reggae!!

Last year when I joined this forum, I was planning my first trip to Jamaica....a dream-come-true, 25th wedding anniversary trip. So, after pondering a few screen names, Rastagirl kind of felt natural to me. It also felt positive and uplifting, after going through so much misery and pain and suffering through my life with Lupus. I wanted something in keeping with my positive mental attitude. Without that.....I would be nowhere!

Oh, and that trip to Jamaica last June was the most amazing time I've ever had, anywhere in this world.

*she sings* ♫♪♪♫•**•.❤.•**•♫♪♪♫ "One Heart....One Love....Let's get together and feel all right......."

Spread the Love

Lori.... a.k.a. Rastagirl
    Last edited by Rastagirl; 07-24-2009 at 05:36 PM.

Thanks

How did I come by Grime. Nope its not like dirt. Our youngest had it one his truck plate so I stole it from him. It comes from our last name Grimm like the fairy tales. I should have used a capitol E so it would be GrimE. You would say Grimm-eeeee.

Sitting on the beach drinking lemonade.
    Fair wind and following seas.
    David

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crmj1183 View Post
    Well, Spanglishqueen,

CRMJ1183- These are my initials of my full name and the month and year in which I was born.... Christian Rose Marie Jennings, November 1983. Thats me.
    All my friends call me Chriss, I was thinking about changing my name on my profile to that. So I guess you can say Im in disgusie but not really because that is my actual name.

Crmj1183, Thats me.... Chriss
    Christian Rose Marie Jennings..... I LOVE IT!!

Your name is beautiful!

Hugs,

Lori

Thanks

Smile

Hey all,
    I like this thread. Thanks for starting it, SpanglishQueen.
    MagistraMarla comes from my profession and my first name.
    Magistra is Latin for teacher (feminine form) and I am a Latin teacher.
    Marla is my first name.
    Gratias tibi ago, (thank you)
    Marla

Thanks

My first initials from my first, second and last name are D.E.B. My real name is Dagmar( I am German), nobody can ever pronounce it and everybody always says " Your name is WHAT?" So I made Debbie out of D.E.B.

Debbie ( Dagmar)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mine is real simple. My first name + first letter of last name. Up front. Like me.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.