Thread: Is it Lupus?

Thanks

Default Is it Lupus?

I havenít had a diagnosis but am worried I may have lupus. It started with a full body rash, followed by disabling joint pain and muscle pain. Pain killers and anti inflamatories are only giving slight relief. My liver functions have been abnormal. My ANA is 1.4 with speckled appearance but esr and crp are normal is this usual? When I look back over the past 2 years I have had severe reflux, pleurisy, pericarditis, hypertension, fatigue, chest pain and rectal bleeding and am wondering if itís all connected and what to do next as my Dr is sick of me.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

You need to change doctors or get to hospital today for a proper check up.Some doctors need a good look in the mirror sometimes and what you are experiencing,especially rectal bleeding needs attention and NOW.Im not sure if its Lupus,but you have so many symptoms you need care n attention now.Let me know how you get on...But DONT be afraid of making a nuisance of yourself...he only a doctor who sits on a toilet like we do...nothing special.Please call a different doctor or hospital for advice soon.Let me know.
    I too have been where you are.....takes courage to stand up for yourself which i lack sometimes.Your health comes first!!

Love n hugs Amanda.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Thanks Amanda, comforting to know there are other people who have had diagnosis troubles.
    I have seen numerous doctors over the years but feel that no-one believes me or they just treat one system and never find the underlying cause.
    Does this site have a chat room? I'm usually up all night with the joint and muscle pain and find sleeping a real problem, could do with some company.
    Cheers,
    Claire

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi claire,

so sorry that you are going through the diagnosis nightmare.....it can take so long, and can mean changing drs. several times.

have you seen a rheumatologist?

anyway, welcome to our group, we are here and so willing to help you.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Default Hi Claire -

Sorry you are suffering. Find a good rheumatologist and go...NOW. I have no idea if you have lupus, but you need to find some medical care to sort through these issues. There are many reasons why ANA can be positive. Perfectly healthy people can have a positive ANA. It is not diagnostic, by itself, of lupus. It can be an indicator, however, that more tests need to be performed.

Start a journal and make a record of your symptoms. Include when they started, if they stop, if they recur, how often, any triggers that you recognize, etc. Take this with you, along with any medical records you have relating to bloodwork, your hypertension, pericarditis, etc. to your appointment with the rheumatologist.

If your current doctor thinks you are a nuisance, find a new one. This is your life you are dealing with. It's important. You are important. Expect to be taken seriously. If you are not, find someone who will listen.

You know the truth about whether you are truly suffering or whether you are a hypochondriac. Don't let anyone shame you into not seeking the care you need. If you are truly suffering, you fight for yourself every step of the way. We are here for you if you need support.

I wish you wellness. Please keep us posted.

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Turtle
    Sorry to hear about all the sympton's you have and have endured in the past few years!!! Sucks to say the least! I don't have any direct answers to your questions but I do have some advice...If you doctor is sick of you FIND ANOTHER ONE with more compassion and patience for you while you are enduring these symptons
    Hope pain subsides!!!