Thread: Hi I am new!

Thanks

Default Hi I am new!

Hi I'm new to this forum. I have been diagnosed with Lupus since 2004, although I have been having symptoms since I was young. It seems that most people that I know with Lupus, have had problems starting very young. With being sickly and "growing" pains.... Does anyone else here had the same thing in their past? Right now my Rheumie has my Lupus under control. But I just went through surgery for removal of my Left Parathyroid due to excessive calcium levels that caused Kidney Stones, and my Parathyroid levels were really high. I am doing better now, almost immediately!

I guess I could post a little about myself. I am 43 yrs. old, married 25 years. I have a 24 year old daughter, and a 16 year old son. I have Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Fibrocysitic Breast Disease, Hyperthyroidism, Hyperparathyroidism, Hypercalcemia. I don't think I missed anything, LOL, but I take it all into stride and live each day as it comes.

NOt sure what a poll is down below, and there are other functions on this board that I must learn how to use, so please bare with me as I am new and must learn these functions. Thanks for being patient and I look forward to getting to know others here. Have a great day~ Kim T.
    Have a great day~

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Kim T :lol:
    Welcome to our forum and our family. I say family because we all have had some form of lupus as well as some of the other diseases (such as fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, raynaud's, pericarditis, etc. etc.) So, you see, you are not alone
    You will find that everyone here is supportive, understanding and informative.
    Once Again....Welcome
    Saysusie

Thanks

Welcome Kim! Yes, we're a family here, worldwide. All of us understand the frustrations, share the joys and support each other throughout.

I've been dx'd a bit longer than you, and my SLE is pretty mild. A touch of dry eye - not to the level of Sjogrens, and occassional raynauds in the winter. Biggest issues I have are fatigue and pain. When I was dx'd I was surprised - I thought it was fibromyalgia. Surprise! But I'm doing well. Glad to have a forum like this to learn and share.

Many hugs ~