Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rashes on arms

Thanks

Question rashes on arms

Hello! Hope everyone's enjoying their summer. Well I am except for this rash on my arms. Ever since the weather has gotten warmer and humid, I've noticed this new rash. It started on my right arm at the inside crease by my elbow. Its pinkish in color and raised. It got itchy whenever my body gets warm even with a little sweat. Then I noticed little rashes here and there developing close to that area. And just the other day, I found a little rash in the same area (forearm area) on my left arm. It's not itchy all the time, but when I'm outside where its warm and sunny(even with sunblock), it gets itchy.

So I got fed up and went to see my dermatologist. He recognized it as being a rash due to my lupus. He prescribed me an ointment (Clobetasol) which I will use 2X a day for 2 weeks. He says my skin will clear up quickly.

Did anyone else have this type of rash?
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I was looking at the crook of my right arm yesterday and realized I had a rash like that. Again. They come and go for me on my arms mostly but sometimes my legs too. Aren't always there for long or itchy all the time, but still, they are there and that in itself is annoying to me since I know they shouldn't be there.
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Smile

Just an update... ever since I started using the ointment, my rash seems to be fading. Also its been warm and spent some time in the sun, and it hasn't gotten itchy at all. Guess that's an improvement and I've only used it since friday.

Its just a little rash, but it's annoying. It appeared out of the blue and has gotten worse. But I'm glad I saw my dermatologist because now its under control.
    "I've learned that when bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use them to make you better."

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Im glad you got the ointment.I have a rash red n brown weird at the back top of both arms n bottom back of legs.I have no ointment lol. Hope yours goes soon.xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Default the miracle cream/ointment

I call that my miracle cream!!! I use it a lot, and it one of the few that kills the itch. I get a rash/irritation in the crack of my arms{outer edge facing the elbow) as well during a flare...it get itchy in the heat too....and yet another common thread of the "mystery disease" as I call it.

Thanks

I get little bumpy rashes all over my arms and legs in the summer. They come and go and I just figure they are due to the heat and sun. I am soooooooo happy you have some cream and it seems to be clearing it up for you! I hate it when rashes itch and rive you nuts....ahhhhh! I just finished treating a little, raised itchy rash on my back! It was miserable and I made Tim put medicine on it every night! I think my shirts ended up with as much cream on them as my rash did Hope fully it is all gone tonight!!!!! I will check on you tomorrow
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

Default rash on arms

I have a rash similar to the one you were describing. It looks like pink circles out in the sun. But, sometimes when I rub the places they look white. Almost like the pigment in my skin is fading. Weird I know! Anyone else have places on arms that look like pigment fading????

Thanks

Default update on my rash

to "Lovemygirls2"

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been in the forum in a long while. About my rash, lately its been under control. Thank goodness! I've noticed that wherever the rashes were on my arms, it made that area very light in color. The pigment in my skin in those areas are lighter than my usual skin pigment. Very weird.

Thanks

My daughter (who doesn't have Lupus) has similar rashes in the crooks of her elbows and behind her knees.the rashes itch, change the pigment of her skin and are especially bad when it's hot and/or she's sweating. Her observant PA diagnosed it as eczema and prescribed triaminocylin, which clears it up beautifully!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemygirls2 View Post
    I have a rash similar to the one you were describing. It looks like pink circles out in the sun. But, sometimes when I rub the places they look white. Almost like the pigment in my skin is fading. Weird I know! Anyone else have places on arms that look like pigment fading????
    Hi
    During the summer months on my arms I get what may be called a red round, oval or disk shape rash when they go away it heals but there is no pigmentation to them anymore you can tell where those rashes were because the pigmentation is gone.
    Ginlyn