Thread: Oregon

Thanks

Default Oregon

Is there in support groups or good rhuematoligists in the state that are reccommended. I'm having a hard time finding good docs.

Thanks

Default oregon

I hope you get this. I am a little late on a reply. what part of oregon are you in? I live in Klamath Falls. send me an E-mail
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

I live near bend oregon

Thanks

I'm near Portland....

It's so good to see...hear from...others in our beautiful state.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any support groups nearby....I went to one in Portland a very long time ago when I was first diagnosed, but it was quite depressing. I think I might have seen one advertised in Seaside or Astoria at a local hospital.

Recently, when I was looking for info on support groups I saw they were advertising for someone to start a chapter in downtown Portland. I've thought about volunteering, but believe it would be pretty difficult for me to tackle alone, since I'm a pretty busy wife and Mom of 2. That takes all my focus and energy....the little I have left I save for me and my health. I know it should be the other way around...my health first...but many of our children's needs must be met on the spot.

Unfortunately, I'm not current on good rheumy's in our state....I've had my same doc for all of my 27 years with Lupus....and he's near retirement and not taking new patients. Perhaps a call to the local Physician's Association, or a check of their website, might provide some answers.

Lori

p.s. Hi Redhairangel...I love Bend...haven't been over your way in such a long time. I grew up hunting and camping with my family around the Bend and Sisters area because our family hobby was archery. And Scubagramplit...I have also been to K. Falls many times in the past for camping and Archery tournaments.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Oklahoma

Wow!!!! We are a group that is spread out far and wide. Anyone else in Oklahoma City.

Thanks

Default Oregon Support Groups

Oregon - http://www.lupuspnw.org/testzone/services/sg.htm

Baker County
    4th Saturday 1:00 - 3:30 PM
    Baker County Library
    2400 Resort St., Baker City
    Nightwind

Eugene Call Chapter Office Patti
    Lebanon
    2nd Tuesday
    7:00pm
    Lebanon Four Square Church
    470 West C Street, Lebanon
    Judi

Lincoln City 1st Monday 11:00 - 1:00pm Driftwood Library - Fisher Room
    801 SW Highway 101
    Lincoln City, OR 97367 Jill
    Newberg 3rd Thursday Church of Christ - 2503 Haworth Ave. Newberg, OR 97132 Toni
    Portland (Downtown)
    Looking for a New Facilitator
    Interested - Call 1-877-774-2992

Roseburg 4th Wed.
    5:00 pm
    Mercy Community Education Center - Conference Room C
    2260 Stewart Parkway Peggy
    Sheridan 2nd Thursday 7:00pm Grand Sheramina Community Service
    120 S. Bridge St., Sheridan OR 97378 Marcy
    Vancouver, WA
    3rd Wed. Every Month
    Southwest Washington Medical Center
    Education Room #7
    600 NE 92nd Ave., Vancouver, WA 98664
    Carole

Thanks

Default rheumy

what part of oregon are you in? I live in klamath falls and I drive over the hill to talent to see dr. Rudy Greene, I am very happy with him, he certainly seems to know this horrible diseese, if you are close to the area let me know and I will get you the contact info. good luck.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

Default I'm late in posting this ...

Hey there,

I go to NW Rheumatology. I see Dr. Gary Sultany whom I have had for 11 years. Dr. Mollie Thompson, I have heard is great and really thorough - and she is in the same office.

Their office is at Providence St Vincent- Barnes RD in Portland

Melissa
    Rheumatoid arthritis, Lupus SLE- Nephritis, Raynaud's syndrome, BAD eye sight, possible Sjogrens

MEDS: Plaquenil, Lisiniprol, Prednisone (tapering), Imuran, Prozac, Ambien