Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vertigo anyone?

Thanks

Unhappy Vertigo anyone?

I woke up 4 weeks ago with Vertigo. I turned over in bed and so did the whole room! I have went to the doctor and finally they did a MRI cause this is lasting so long.The MRI came back normal. I have been tested for Lupus numerous times and it comes back negitive. My hair has thinned so much and still is. I have anemia really bad. I have to take iron and then it usually brings it back up. Any thoughts anyone????? thank you in advance
    Last edited by Shellbell; 07-20-2009 at 09:20 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks

I have a funny story that I think you will appreciate. About five years ago I was suffering from vertigo really bad. It was horrible and made me feel so sick all the time. Well, my vacation rolled around and I went down to Costa Rica for 10 days. One night at dinner I was sitting at the table and I just felt this rolling sensation. I just figured it was my vertigo acting up. I was very wrong.......it was an earthquake! I just kept on eating and everyone was looking at me and finally I asked if they felt it too and they just laughed at me! I loved it. I did get over the vertigo but I had to take some medicine for it. I would ask you doctor about the meds that really help reduce the effects of vertigo. See what he says and then go from there. I am not sure if it is a sign of Lupus but I have heard of a few people having it on here. I am sure more will pop in later. I hope you feel better soon. I am sending you thoughts of a still bed tonight and a hug to help you get through this
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

Danica, thats really funny, lol, lol, lol.
    Wow!

Shellbell, Ive had vertigo before but not that bad, Ihope you feel better soon, tyr and hang in there

Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i too will have bouts with vertigo....the first time it happened, i thought it was from drinking, but then i remembered that i had not been drinking.....

danica....that is just too funny....i can see you sitting at the table eating dinner while everyone is looking for a doorway.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default wow

Ive learnt something here.....i have vertigo n didnt know it.I can be sat here n it feels like im on the rollercoaster n flip over,but obviously i dont move...just hold on.I never knew what that was.Also since being sick i have claustraphobia.Never knew just how bad until i had my first mri. Thanks for this info...gonna speak to the doctor about it.

Funny story Danica

Love Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Default Re vertigo

Thank You all for your replies. That story was pretty funny!

Thanks

Default Me too

I have vertigo - on and off -sometimes very debilitating other times just when I lie down or move my head. There is actually a thing called the epley manouever.

I have a very good GP - every time I had vertigo she checked my ears and sure enough they were full of fluid - so she prescribes a nasal spray for sinus and sometimes an allergy medicine for sinus hay fever. I also tried the Epley thing and it helps.

Check out the reading around the Epley thing as it explains a lot about the ears...

cheers

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

You are welcome.But dont give up. I have so many symptoms like you have,yet still no diagnosis.My hair thinned so bad i lost the lot.But it has grown back.Falling out allot but i know it'll grow again, no patching just clumps when i wash it.
    Dont give up.Ive had many normal come back results,doesnt mean the doctors are right.Keep fighting.Keep ging to the doctor.One day they will find the answer and will help you.

Love
    Amanda.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shellbell View Post
    I woke up 4 weeks ago with Vertigo. I turned over in bed and so did the whole room! I have went to the doctor and finally they did a MRI cause this is lasting so long.The MRI came back normal. I have been tested for Lupus numerous times and it comes back negitive. My hair has thinned so much and still is. I have anemia really bad. I have to take iron and then it usually brings it back up. Any thoughts anyone????? thank you in advance
    Shellbell,

Your lightheadedness might not be vertigo, it might be related to your anemia. My Lupus manifested itself in my blood to the point I had severely low red blood cell counts. I was extremely lightheaded all the time from it. I would have dizzy spells when I stood up and such. I had to get iron injections weekly because the supplements just didn't do anything to help. I had to go on very high steriods to help control the Lupus and once my counts went up, the lightheadedness went away. Just a thought, good luck in finding the answer to your problems.

Hugs,
    Kim

Thanks

Default Hey Shellbell

I've had vertigo off and on over the years. You could have BPPV (benign, paroxsysmal positional vertigo). Usually noticeable when you roll over in bed. It occurs when the crystals in your inner ear become displaced, which causes the vertigo. The epley maneuver is designed to move the crystals back where they belong. This is the short version, and I'm not a doctor. However, I have experienced this before. It is supposed to be unrelated to the lupus. Go see an ear, nose and throat doctor. Search the posts here on the forum for vertigo. There may be some additional info elsewhere on the site.

Good luck.

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.