Thread: Go Human Genome Sciences!!!

Thanks

Default Go Human Genome Sciences!!!

I am so excited that we lupus patients have a promising drug working for us! I am so happy to see this! Finally we could have such a long awaited drug for us!!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i saw an interview with the CEO of Human Genome Sciences, and he appeared to understand the devastation of lupus. He showed compassion and truly seemed sincere. He came accross as an advocate for our plight. I came away feeling less alone. I hope he succeeds in getting fda approval.

I am full aware of how much money this med will make if it is approved, i am just saying he added the element of compassion to his financial reporting.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I hope so too. Once approval is received, it is unfortunate that many HMO's still will not prescribe the approved drugs for their patients. Kaiser, to this day, still will not prescribe Lyrica for Fibromyalgia..how long has that drug been approved.
    I hate to sound like a naysayer, but sometimes, mere FDA approval is not enough! But, it is a beginning! So, I guess I should be grateful for any improvements in drug therapy for this disease!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

The beginning is a good place to start Hopefully this will work out for all of us that suffer from this disease. I always am left wondering if there is anyone looking into new drugs to help us with this fight. You always hear about new drugs for cancer and diabetes but never Lupus. This is a breath of fresh air and now all we have to do is patiently wait......
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram