Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pain control?

Thanks

Unhappy

my pain today is almost intolerable but what am i supposed to do? run to the er every time i hurt like this or go CRAZY. I had a more active than usual day yesterday... I had to go to a meeting at my dads work (even though i work from home) and then had a Rhuematologist appt. 40 minutes away... so I expected to be feeling rough today but I didnt think I would be in this much pain. I even started 30mg of predinsone today. But what am i supposed to do? do any of you have to go to the hospital to get a shot of something stronger than what you already have to stop the cycle or whatever... I just cant take this.

Thanks

How stern do you have to get with your dr for pain meds? My dr wont prescribe anything despite the fact that I am doing my body in with ibuprofen and excedrin. I take soma and now savella with no relief. If they told me jumping off a bridge would help the pain, I would do it. I think I need a new dr, but then they think you are drug seeking. I think I am going to have to quit my job, because I cant manage moving heavy patients around anymore. And my family just doesnt understand it. My little boys are fed up with mom not being able to do everything anymore.

Thanks

If I had to get stern with my doctor then I would be finding a new doctor... instead of trying to get pain managment from your regular doctor I suggeste finding a pain mangament doctor. You cant be a drug seeker if you are in legit pain and for goodness sakes you have lupus that's crazy your doctor wont even give you anything to take on an as needed basis on bad days... that is just inhumae to make someone suffer like that. I get the whole getting addicted to pain killers but unless your abusing them you cant become addicted to something you need (I was told this by an ex pain doctor but he was a little extreme when it came to handing out drugs like candy) anyway i really suggest looking for a good pain managment doctor and researching diferent medications you would like to try based on how effective they are, risks, side effects etc. I believe in being in control of your body and when there is something out or something new I want to try i research it and talk to my doctor about it and since we have a good relationship and she trusts me she for the most part let's me try whatever might work. But unfortunatly there are drug seekers out there who ruin it for those of us who are in serious pain... But if you have lupus dx on your charts I dont see how this woudl even be an issue?? it's not like your just going in there saying oh my back hurts give me drugs... you have a real diagnosis and a serious diseases that can cause serious pain! that just makes me mad to hear of people getting blown off and to take motrin when the pain can get so bad... i am so sorry you are going through this...