Thread: pattern

Thanks

Default pattern

So it seems like symptoms worsen for about two weeks then lesson for about two weeks with an overall progression - though not dramatic.

Is this a familiar pattern?

Also I get awful blisters in my mouth - at first they were just weired but now they are huge and feel like the area on my gum is bruised. Is this familiar to anyone?

I should say that I don't have definitive Dx - though I had a positive ANA (1:18 I think,) and a positive DsDNA - about 6 - which I think is a pretty low positive. That was in February and since symptoms have worsened Dr ordered another blood test results are pending.

thank you for your replies - & take care
    Last edited by karenboss; 07-19-2009 at 07:58 AM.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Karenboss,

I have a fairly consistent pattern of flares that swings back and forth about every 3 days. I've been this way since my SLE diagnosis 5 1/2 years ago. Although your time period is different, the overall formation of a recognizable pattern is very familiar to me.

As far as mouth ulcers/blisters, I get them all the time. Sometimes just mild, sometimes so painful that I can't eat anything solid. I get them mostly on my tongue and the roof of my mouth. When they are bad, biting into a piece of toast feels more like eating broken glass-OUCH!

Regarding your ANA test results, I'm not very good at translating results, so I'll leave that to other, more qualified people. I hope you find an answer to all this soon.

Rob

Thanks

I am with you and Rob, I also seem to have a pattern of not feeling better. Some lucky ones end up in remission but I have not made it to that point......I am hoping to get there someday! I also get mouth sores pretty bad. I have been using miracle mouth wash. The doctor prescribes that for me and it really helps with eating and just doing things like brushing my teeth. I even get sores on my head.....yuck! I am just sorry you are feeling this way and I hope you feel better soon! Please let us know about the blood tests and the results. I will be sending you healing thoughts and lots of soft hugs
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram