Thread: ANA

Thanks

Default ANA

I was wondering...is it possible to have a normal ANA at one lab draw and then abnormal at the next? I know the first one they drew was normal, but she drew it again and that is when they found that I was + for RF. They could not find the results of my ANA at that time, but the fact that she drew it again made me wonder if it could be normal or negative at one time and then positive or abnormal at the next. Does anyone know?

Thanks,
    HUGGS,
    Deana

Thanks

ANA can be all over the place. Mine is always positive, sometimes barely so. I understand that it can sometimes be negative as well.
    A couple sites that might help you?

http://web2.iadfw.net/uthman/lab_test.html
    http://medlib.med.utah.edu/WebPath/I.../IMMIDX.html#1

both have lots of information about lab tests.

Hugs dear!

Thanks

Hi there Deana!

Three years ago my ANA result was negative. Doctors said I have Vasculitis and it ain't Lupus since my ANA result was negative. A year later I was tested again for ANA and this time it came out positive, that's where my doctor verified that I do have Lupus. That was a year ago, tomorrow I'll be getting my results for ANA & ANCA I wonder if its gonna be positive or negative.. duh, I too can't understand this things....

hatlady.. thanks for the links
    There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there's absolutely nothing we've done to make Him love us less... God loves us without conditions for just the way we are!

Pieces of Me!

Thanks

Default reply to quickmelt

If you don't mind would you please let me know what the results of your ANA are? I have managed to get into the rheumy, but he is really hesitant to say much about Lupus since my ANA was negative, although he is running a full ANA panel and RF panel...whatever those are?? He is kinda leaning toward a pheochromocytoma, although I have read other posts on here where their rheumy had looked at that also at one time or another. He just said that it is kind of like looking for a needle in a haystack. He said that my lab work is showing that there is a definite inflammatory process going on in my body somewhere, but it is going to be difficult to find out where....and since my resting heart rate is 115 and I am running a low grade temp and my BP is flucuating wildly, I guess he decided to start there....anyway....at least he was willing to admit that there is SOMETHING going on...and that is more than I have ever got out of any other Dr. before.
    Thanks,
    Deana
    HUGGS,
    Deana

Thanks

Hi Deana!

My ANA result came out positive again. You might wanna check out this link http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm...8&MOTT=AN00740

Good luck to both of us
    There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there's absolutely nothing we've done to make Him love us less... God loves us without conditions for just the way we are!

Pieces of Me!