Thread: Imuran

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Imuran

The Dr. started me on Imuran and I was reading the information that comes from the pharmacy about the drug. It scared me to death and made me wonder if I should even take it at all! If I do and it works I can get rid of 2 other meds and seeing where we don't have insurance right now that is a good deal for us!! Has anyone else been on this medicine and can tell me about it as to whether I should take it or not? I would appreciate the information!!!
    There is good in all things, no matter how bad they seem, we just need to open our eyes and hearts to find it.

Beckey

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I haven't been on Imuran, myself, but I know others have and have made posts about it. Someone who has experience with it will let you know if it's worth it. But in the meantime, maybe try going through some of the threads in the 'medications' forum. I'm sure I've seen some in there about Imuran.
    Hopefully, it ultimately ends up being worth going on so you can cut medication costs (they can get really expensive when they start piling up).

Hugs and spoons
    <3
    Medications: CellCept, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Naproxen, Tramacet

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i was on immuran for a year and it really did make me feel better but i was taken off of it because it made my white and red blood counts very low. I really feel the difference without it i hurt much more than before. I think alot of these drugs have scary side affects if you read them but we have to take something just to survive. Bonita

Thanks

I wasn't on Immuran very long, I think it gave me rashes so they took me off of it. You can scare yourself to death reading about all the side effects most of these drugs have, but honestly most of us wouldn't be here without them. I always give it a try, then see how bad the side effects are for me personally. I would go for it, see how you feel and go from there. Good luck!

Hugs,
    Kim