Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What can I do?

Thanks

Thank you very much, Oluwa. This is very helpful, I will talk to my doc and see what he thinks, I am sure, I am not the only patient with this problem. If I can't get a modification, I am going to have to quit my job, but I don't want to do that. I just wish this company cared a little more about their employees well being.

Debbie

Thanks

I know!!!

Go, O, Go, O! I was gonna add my 2 cents but I think Oluwa covered everything

Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Thanks

Hi...
    I was terminated from my job. They nit-picked for an excuse because I was only able to work 4 hrs/day (barely). They wanted me to go back full time. I talked to unemployment and they said I was approved. But after thinking about it, I applied for Soc. Sec Dis. Of course, I didn't have a dx yet. I was approved after 2 yrs for chronic pain. That is also a route you can take if you have docs to support you.

Good luck.

Danice

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
    Hi...
    I was terminated from my job. They nit-picked for an excuse because I was only able to work 4 hrs/day (barely). They wanted me to go back full time. I talked to unemployment and they said I was approved. But after thinking about it, I applied for Soc. Sec Dis. Of course, I didn't have a dx yet. I was approved after 2 yrs for chronic pain. That is also a route you can take if you have docs to support you.

Good luck.

Danice
    That might be the best route for me, because it is getting harder and harder for me to work.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Debbie...I've been thinking about you while I was down...wondering if this situation you're in has gotten any better. I'm sorry you face such hardships and worry. I think your doctor could help a lot, but some employers can nit pick as Danice mentioned...so sorry that happened to you, Danice. I know that before my father in law retired, he was pushed into it faster than he was planning to. A common thing the employer did there with anyone getting near retirement...find a way to make someone quit or get fired and replace them with younger and/or healthier employees.

It's against the law but there are a lot of ugly minded people out there in positions they don't deserve, finding ways around the law if they can.

I hope your doctor will be helpful, and if not, I would try another doctor. I would think the documentation as Oluwa said (wow Oluwa you're soooo helpful!) would be important. I hope and pray they treat you well at work and are understanding. ((((Hugs)))) Keep us posted okay?