Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stomach ache................

Thanks

Default Stomach ache................

My stomach is hurting so bad tonight........it is the kind of hurt that swells the stomach and hurts to even touch it I am holding my pillow very tight and Tim is always telling me to toot out the pain........at least that makes me laugh Thought if I just told all of you it would help. I think I am going to go in and take a warm bubble bath and read a magazine.......if I am lucky I will create my own bubbles and have a homemade hot tub! Hey, we have to look at the bright side of everything......even if it is a little stinky
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Blog Entries
    Thanks

feeling your pains tonight girl. Went walking the beach with one of my meet up groups and was struck by the IBS attack 2.2 miles in. Thank GOD there was a restroom within a 1/4 mile (it was a 4 mile walk). Hope the bath helps you. I like a hot shower or heating pad once the nausea passes and it's just crampy pain. Do you find that when the attack passes, you are just starving within 2 hours?
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! I will then eat anything I can get my hands on and normally it makes my stomach hurt again!!!!!! Oh the vicious cycle we go through!!!!!!!! I let my friend borrow my heating pad and I really should get it back because that is what normally works for me too.......hopefully the bath will make it feel much better, that is if I ever tear myself away from the computer long enough to take one

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Danica. Hope you got into a nice warm bath and that helped. I get those stomach aches sometimes too, and it's AWFUL!! I have a hot water bottle and when I have the energy to boil water, it is soooooo worth it. And I do the SAME thing as you - once the pain eases, I am so hungry I eat anything and everything - usually the very worst things for me, like chocolate and pop (soda). Which makes it start all over again.

Sandy, your post reminded me of a time last year I was on a walk after breakfast with a big group of people in Scotland. All of a sudden, oooh, I REALLY needed to get to a bathroom quick!! I left, praying all the way I wouldn't make a wrong turn and get lost, and got to the bathroom just in time! Stomach issues make life so much more complicated.
    Love...faith...joy...hope...strength...
    Lupus, you have no chance!

Love and hugs,
    Cheryl
    (mom to my little Chihuahua, Brandi)

Diagnosed with SLE, Sjogren's, Reynaud's, Celiac, and arthritis November 2006.

Thanks

The bath really helped.....or the pain meds kicked in for the night.......which ever one it was, I am feeling better Thanks for talking to me and just telling me your stories. You are right, stomach pains make life so hard! Tim is so understanding and when I say I need to go, he knows I need to go!He makes sure I find a place to go no matter what and he never makes fun of me......I should say he doesn't make fun of me MOST of the time.....heheheheh!!!!! There has been times where there wasn't a bathroom and I have ran into the desert or woods to go! Thanks goodness we camp a lot and I am used to it I will keep you guys posted on the tummy ache!!!!!!

Thanks

Danica....No tree or shrub leaves in the desert...

Tummy a little better today? I hope so...I don't have IBS..I do have Gerdie. A different type of stomach ache.

From the iron and the pain pills I am usually filled to the rim. At that level, if I eat a grape I am so full and bloated my breast rise to my chin. I am supposed to use Miralax daily, but I do the self induced IBS..with a pill...so maybe I know a little what IBS is like without the panic. Mine is planned.

Enjoy the morning....I am.
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

oouu - sorry Danica & thanks for your post on my thread. I think you are suffering worse than me right now but I can empithize nonetheless.

peace honny - hope it calms down soon.

I think I will look for my heating pad for the cramps, never thougth of that.

Thanks

AWWWWW Danica,

Im so sorry to hear you're not feeling well today, I hope you are feeling better today. I hate when my stomach hurts.

Get well soon
    Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Danica & Brandichi - I thought I was all alone in that crazy hunger. It just drives me crazy that I eat something, even something I think is ok, get full from the yummy food and get so sick and then 2 hours later I just HAVE to eat again and immediately cause I am just ravenous. It's so annoying to try to be eating right and to do that and then get uncontrollably sick followed by uncontrolable hunger. Grrrrrr! I hate that vicious cycle! I lost my heating pad too. Actually, my ex never gave it back (insert a curse word/some name calling here) and I have been too lazy to buy another one. I wonder why it's the heat that helps us and not the cold? I can always tell right when it comes on too because I will be fine, get blindingly hot for a few moments, be freezing the next minute and then WHAM! - stomach ache for 1-20 mins and find a bathroom soon or all hell breaks loose. Horrible always having to always be bathroom conscious. Once the pain ends, I usually want the worst things too. Burgers, pizza, ice cream, bread. Last night I was really good though and ended up getting a small veggie soup with a big hunk of fresh french bread. It was so gooooood! I'm so glad that Tim is so understanding. It's hard to understand how much the IBS affects our lives till you are unlucky enough to get it or you know someone who had to deal with it. How is your stomach feeling today? I hope it is tap water flat today for you.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh Danica,

So sorry to hear of your pain.I so understand you.Hope you tooted n made lots of bubbles,but heal soon.

lots of love Amanda.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx