Thread: Mycophenolate Mofetil for flares...

Thanks

Default Mycophenolate Mofetil for flares...

Can Mycophenolate Mofetil Help Prevent Lupus Flares?

Mycophenolate mofetil is effective in reducing disease flares in systemic lupus erythematosus patients: a retrospective study Lupus, Volume 18, Number 4, May 2009, pp. 394 399

Follow the yellow brick road for more info...

http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/webarticlesnet/templates/new_researchupdates.aspx?articleid=2577&zoneid=33

Love,
    O.
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Hey Oluwa,
    I just read that e-mail from the Lupus Foundation before I came here. My rheumy said that MTX is considered to be the gold standard for treating RA, etc. I wonder if this will be more effective with less side effects?
    Has anyone out there taken this, or is it too new?
    Marla

Thanks

I am on this at 1000mg twice daily and tapering down 1mg a week on prednisone from 40mg down to 30mg and currently at 36mg. At first it felt like it was causing little flares and I wasn't feeling well, I finally pulled my head out and read the directions and it plainly said not to take it with the other medicine, to wait about 2 hrs. since I started doing that I feel pretty good for the most part, however since all the changes I have cramps in my feet, calves, hands and at times pain in my knees and hands and knuckles. I don't know if these are side effects or what.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

D'oh...I didn't realize this drug is the generic for Cellcept, brand name. The study was to see if it not only treated Lupus symptoms but also prevented flares....

It was found that it is effective in 'reducing' flares in SLE.

Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.