Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst fatigue ever

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm not sure what to do right now. My current health still hasn't improved (but I have been drinking meal replacements just so I'm still getting some form of nutrients and snacking when I feel I can stomach it). The pains still ridiculous, and the fatigue is still horrid.
    I called my doctor a few days ago and had issues getting through, then when he finally called back I found out he's going to be out of town for the next two weeks. I don't think I can wait two weeks for a doctors appointment. Does anyone know what I should do? I've gone to walk-in clinics in a pinch when I can't get into my doctor, but they just don't take me seriously. All they do is prescribe more naproxen (even when I tell them I'm already on it) and tell me to take some Tylenol.
    Medications: CellCept, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Naproxen, Tramacet

Thanks

Jerzi..morning..

Does your doctor have another partner in his office..or a Physician Assistant or make an appointment with your Primary Physician..he should have some of your records to know your status and be able to treat you.

Also too, ask to be evaluated for Fibromyalgia...
    Ask about Flexeril - muscle relaxer..., Lortab..stronger pain reliever and Lunesta...sleep aid...

Are you dosing with any immune suppressants? Steroids? If not, a round of steroids, taper pack may bring you out of this flare...

Being so tired have you been showering? Times a nice longer than usual warm shower can help to loosen the pain's grip, not rid yourself of it..but may bring it to a manageable place.

Have you ever tried those heated rub creams..Capzasin Topical Analgesic Gel? I was just reading in my All About Fibromyalgia..a great read by the way and it says that may help...

It is important to keep getting healthy, nutritious food into you...stretch everyday..a little so you don't stiffen up.

Do you take supplements..Fish Oil for inflammation?

Are you under any stress at home..family, work, friends...if so , find ways to manage it...

These are things to consider to manage your Lupus, to prevent flares before they happen...eat healthy, exercise..even if it is just stretching, walking.., manage stress, take medication on schedule...keep appointments, avoid junk food..avoid the sun, use sunblock....

I wish you wellness soon, Jerzi..hugs.
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Morning to you too, Oluwa, and thank you for taking the time to reply (again).

I'm making an appointment with my primary physician today (I don't know why I didn't think to do that, I've been so out of it). And I wrote down in my medical journal to ask about fibromyalgia. My aunt seems to think that may be whats going on, as well, and I'm trusting her opinion on it considering she has it herself.
    Showers have been a bit of a trial, but I have been throwing myself into warm baths and piling on the hot water bottles and Absorbine Jr. (which I think is like that Capzasin Topical Analgesic Gel you mentioned). On that topic, I just looked up the Capzasin stuff, and am definitely going to give that one a try.
    I do take fish oil, vitamin C, vitamin B12, vitamin E, calcium, and magnesium. It's quite the little line-up.

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reply. It's nice to get advice from someone who has better understanding of my current situation. My family/friends are great, but they seem to have that 'walk it off' mentality when I get this sick. I greatly appreciate all your suggestions. =]

Hugs and spoons,
    Jerzi
    <3
    Medications: CellCept, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Naproxen, Tramacet

Thanks

You're welcome Jerzi...

I find when I feel I have a direction to head towards.. through ideas, suggestions, a scheduled appointment.... those things help to ease a bit of the pain and fatigue. I think that is because I am feeling I have a more control over it...you too?

When we finally get to the doctors our symptoms seem to all but disappear sometimes...go figure.

Happy Friday.
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.