Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its funny how the tables turn....turn...

Thanks

Default Its funny how the tables turn....turn...

Earlier today I posted a thread about needing advice with my job. Close to the end of my shift the site manager came into my cube and ask me how was I doing and was everything ok, so we talked and I told her everything. I also mention the jerk that told me to put my feet down and she told me dont worry about him and that she would take care of him. Long story short she said let her know if I needed anything. Im so happy. I have a sense of relief, finally someone that cares. All is good. Thank God and thank everybody that had my back!

Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I didn't see your earlier entry yet, but from what I read here, it sounds like you have a kind, caring and compassionate supervisor and I am glad she was so understanding of your needs.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

It is wonderful to actually have someone on your side at work! I think this is fantastic!!!!! There will be times when people stop and surprise you, we just have to have faith until they do
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi chriss,

i did not see your earlier thread either. So glad you have a supporting boss at work.....now you can relax and do your job without worrying about jerks.....
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh thats fab news.One less worry.So glad you have someone at work fighting your corner n asking to help you.Hope that 'little jerk' learns to get some compassion for the future.
    Good on ya!

Love
    Amanda.xxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That is great. It makes you feel better when working that someone understands the way you feel and will bend the rules.

Your day should go by much smoother now. Its great to hear good news.
    Keep Smiling

Thanks

Yeah, today is going alot more easy. I never wanted special treatment from anyone. All I was asking is for a reasonable accomodation (can I put my swollen broken capillary feet up?) And the guy acted as if I wanted my feet up to just CHILL?? if you will?, I dont know. But it all worked out and AMEN!!!!!
    Another reason I think it worked is because of everyones positive energy on this site , the universe worked in OUR favor. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Thanks guys, you rock!!!!
    Chriss

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sometimes, just when we start to lose faith in the goodness and kindness of others, God sends us an Angel! Often, in the workplace, we can feel as if no one cares and no one is willing to understand. But, fortunately, it also often happens that there is always someone who cares and wants to understand. You are very fortunate that your boss is one of these persons.
    I know what you mean by not wanting sympathy, but just some reasonable accommodation, and putting your feet up does not, in any way, affect your ability to do your job. Nor does it impeded that jerk's ability to do his job, so I hope that he got an earful from your boss. This is a person who needs to understand the meaning of the phrase "Before you criticize me, walk in my shoes for 24 hours!"
    I am so happy that this worked out for you and that you are feeling less stress at work. That is so important. And I am proud of you for being upfront and honest with your boss! Way To Go!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I know this makes everything so much easier and by her acknowledging my disability makes me stress less, which ultimately helps with my illness and helps me get better sooner

Thanks Chriss

Thanks

I am just checking in to see how those feet are feeling today.......I hope that new medicine has helped a bit
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram