Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lovin this site!!!

Thanks

Default Lovin this site!!!

I first want to say thanks to everyone that responded to my first thread! The support here is amazing! Because of that support I have not only started my daily log of what I eat, how I feel, and where my aches are, I have also requested a copy of my blood work. The doctor or nurse, seems very protective of it for some crazy reason, but I think they have to give it to me don't they?!?!
    Anyway, today has been a great day so far. I think the prednisone is certainly helping with that! I actually bounced out of bed today and I have not done that in months! Did not make it to the gym, but one step at a time!
    One weird thing that is going on is I can't stop cleaning?!? I almost feel as though I am nesting? Has anyone else had that happend? I am thinking it could be one of the few things I can control right now so I am going overboard. It also could be cause I can't sleep so I have a few extra hours in my day. I usually wish for more time in my day, I guess you better be careful what you wish for!!!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi MLockwood,

I'm glad you like it here-we aim to please! I really believe this is one of the most active Lupus websites on the net. There's always someone here, and I rarely ever see any question or comment go without a response for very long. We have a great bunch of people here that make this site as good as it is. As far as your bloodwork stats, it's your info, so tell them to fork over the copy ASAP. If they resist, tell them it's not a request, and remind them of the fact that they, work for you, not the other way around.

As far as the nonstop cleaning, well, I'm a single guy, and I can say that I have never had that happen. In fact, just getting started cleaning rarely happens! Anyway, welcome to our group!

Rob

Thanks

MLockwood...Hi there. I am Oluwa...welcome.

HEALTH INSURANCE PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT
    OF 1996...HIPAA Privacy Act..

HIPAA...its the little brochure, or a copy you received or signed saying you understood when you went to your first appointment with any doctor...remind them of it and you will receive your copy of your bloodwork.

What Rights Does This Law Give You Over your Health Information
    Health Insurers and Providers who are covered entities must comply with your right to:

• Ask to see and get a copy of your health records
    • Have corrections added to your health information
    • Receive a notice that tells you how your health information may be used and shared
    • Decide if you want to give your permission before your health information can be used or shared for certain purposes, such as for marketing
    • Get a report on when and why your health information was shared for certain purposes
    • If you believe your rights are being denied or your health information isn’t being protected, you can
      • File a complaint with your provider or health insurer
      • File a complaint with the U.S. Government

Regarding the cleaning...are you on steroids? It is known to give us energy..zoom, zoom..zoom. Me, while on it I usually peter out after a the first few days of dosing..

Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

My foggy brain was searching for "HIPAA" to add to my advice, but I couldn't think of it. Thanks Oluwa, as always, you rock!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh im so happy you are here and today are feeling a little easier.I have the same problem with my doctors handing me over my blood results,still not got em,never have.Maybe i'll ask again.
    Rob......so funny about you not cleaning
    Oluwa,interesting read,thanks.x

love Amanda.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Yes I am on the roids! I am a little nervous about how I am going to feel when they run out! Maybe I will have to go on a post-roid rage to get another bottle! Just kidding. Good news, I did get a copy of my blood work...bad news....I have no idea what I am looking at. ( should have gone into medical school rather than economics) Not really sure what to do with the results except look them up one at a time and see what is 'normal', where I am at, and why I am where I am.

It must be the increased energy level from the roids that is causing me to clean.

I am taking my last Avelox tonight and I still have quite the cough. I am hoping the pneumoina is gone and I just have a lingering cough. I do feel much better, and go in for a follow up with my family doctor in 2 weeks. Maybe I will go in and she will say she made a mistake and I don't have Lupus....or maybe I will win the lottery on Wednesday?!?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome to the site!
    I too feel lucky to have found this site and the wonderful people on it like ROB (wink) and Oluwa...who always pulls up sites/information to help with questions you may post!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oluwa, you are awesome! You always know exactly what piece of advice to give people on here!
    MLockwood, I am pretty sure I have seen Oluwa comment on multiple threads about lab results. If you go to her profile and search her threads, you will probably find most of her answers.
    Rob, I'm with you. It used to be so easy to clean 15-20 mins a day and keep a pretty spotless house. It was common for my friends to comment on my being a "neat freak". Now I am lucky if the dishes get done before bed and not the next night. I keep telling my friends that I am just waiting for the cleaning fairies to volunteer to come by and clean for free but they don't seem to be getting the hint! Now I just clean a little bit and worry about what I can handle that day.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi mlockwood,

so glad you are feeling so good. Yes, the steroids will make us do "super human" things. Once, when i was on them, me and one man picked up and moved an iron claw-foot bath tub....still amazes me.

about your lab results....if you will post them here, you will be amazed at the knowledge that will be shared with you. There are several members who are very familiar with lab reports.

keep cleaning....hope you are whistling while you work.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Sandy..you are too kind, thank you...

Mlockwood,
    as Phyllis said, post your test with results and someone will help. Sometimes we can break it down into simpler terms since we've been around the mill a few times. Saysusie is wonderful at it...me, much of the time I copy and glue.

Enjoy this day, I will...getting the bucks cleaned. Canceled my last appointment.

Love to everyone,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.