Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fibromyalgia?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi ritzbit,

i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 13 years before getting the lupus diagnosis. There are several (can't remember the number) of specific pressure points that will flare up and really hurt and burn. I describe my fms pain as feeling like someone is holding a lit cigarrette to my body. I have a lot of trouble with the pressure points that run up the back of my neck and along my shoulders. Also, i get a lot of pain in the area of my joints, but is it not my joints. I can tell that it is in the connective tissue/muscle around the joint. This causes swelling.

the webmd site that was recommended is a very good source. And your dr. can easily conduct the pressure point exam that will verify the diagnosis.

I have tried several different meds with absolutely no success. I just deal with fms, and take my pain meds when the burning pain is unbearable.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Thanks for both of the links I found them very helpful.

I have to go back to my doctor on Thursday this week and will be getting back my blood results and all that from 2 weeks ago. Im sure she'll be talking to me more about what she thinks about me and possibly having fibromyalgia then.

Thanks

Phyllis, don't you just hate it when you go in and they check those pressure points???? Talk about feeling some pain!!!!!! Sometimes I think this causes me more grief than my Lupus!
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i danica,

i can't tell you how many drs. i almost hit when they "check my pressure points." For real, just believe me, it hurts.

I think i will start forwarning new drs., that my uncontrolled relexes to their pushing and prodding might result in them feeling some pain as well. ha ha ha
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

My sis-in-law has fibro and she says its the worst I kinda feel bad for her because all the meds they prescribe dont make her feel any better. Rizbit I hope you dont have Fibro and you said you dont reALLY think you have so you probably dont. Think positively.

Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Thanks

Guess I'll have to wait a few days and see what my doctor has to say. To be honest Im alot more worried about how my blood work is going to come back.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Rizbit;
    Make sure to let us know what the results of your blood work are. I, also, suffer from Fibromyalgia along with my Lupus. Honestly, lately my FM has been causing me more problems than my Lupus. Extreme muscle pain, a burning sensation that feels like someone is running a blow torch up and down my limbs just under the skin. I also have the by products of FM (IBS, TMJ, Sleep Disturbances, Headaches, Extreme Fatigue).
    I've had to completely change my diet due to the IBS & TMJ..I take medication to help me sleep, and I have three levels of meds for the migraines!
    It is quite common for those with Lupus to develop FM and/or for those with FM to develop Lupus. It is so common, that it seems as if they may as well be co-joined when being diagnosed.
    Like others have stated, the most excrutiating thing is to have to go through the "pressure point" ordeal with your doctor. I almost jumped off of the table due to the pain!
    So, for all the reasons above, I truly hope that you do not have Fibromyalgia. But, if you do, you are amongst many others who truly understand and who can offer you support and advice.
    I wish you the very best, and please try not to allow you step father to cause you too much stress. His irrational anger is more a statement about his failings than it is about the person he is directing his anger against. So, when he goes off on you, just repeat to yourself, "This man is the one with the problem and not me, so I am tuning him out!"

Take Care and know that we are here for you.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!