Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fibromyalgia?

Thanks

Default fibromyalgia?

Can anyone tell me more about what fibromyalgia actually is? I know I've read some people talking it before so I was hoping some one could help me out. My mother is always worried when I complain about anything anymore and I was told at my last doctor appointment that they were worried that I may be showing signs of having that too. And I guess my moms been reading up on it and keeps saying I have a bunch of the symptoms. I dont think the things Im complaining about are that big of a deal. Help?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/what-is-fm.html

Maybe look at this. I have recently been diagnosed with it,yet it says it does'nt effect my joints,yet all my joints are swollen n hurting as well.Im learning about it all too so will also give it a read.

Hope this helps and hope today is a good day for you.

love Amanda.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Hi!

I have it. My symptoms are basically muscle aches & burning. Thankfully, I haven't bothered at all by it lately. But, when I was, mostly my abdomen, lower back, and neck would just hurt! & burn. It's horrible. The meds prescribed (initially flexerill & then neurontin) didn't help either. Well, not fully. But, like I said, it hasn't bothered me in a while. Thank God!!

Thanks

Thank you for that link.

Im hoping today gets better =/

My step dad is being a huge jerk and making me cry and he's yelling about nothing and my head hurts so bad and I asked him to stop and he just keeps going. ugh

Thanks

I have alot of stomach problems and my doctor thinks there's something going on with my muscles. My arms are weak

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Heres a good link

http://www.webmd.com/fibromyalgia/default.htm

Sorry to hear you may have fibro- I do not have any personal experience with Fibromyalgia but there are many people here who do. I hope that you feel better soon
    32 YO Wife, Mother and Advocate
    Lupus - Subclavian Bypass May of 2009. Ectopic Lentis, Scoliosis(not lupus related)
    Current medications: Aspirin, Plaquenil, multi vitamins, folic acid, Methotrexate, Tramadol PRN

You can find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/sororenotis
    Please tell me you are from here and who you are if you add me there.

I work full time and Leader for International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement
    http://www.iaamovement.org/

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh im sorry to hear that Riz,i so hope he calms down so you can have some peace.Dont cry, we are here.I know my Mam makes me cry allot lately,but i just log in and chat on here,then when i come off all is calm again. You just read the page i put up for you and try n ignore his mood...it'll pass.

love Amanda.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ritzbit View Post
    Thank you for that link.

Im hoping today gets better =/

My step dad is being a huge jerk and making me cry and he's yelling about nothing and my head hurts so bad and I asked him to stop and he just keeps going. ugh
    Well, that kind of behavior would make anyones body hurt - Whats up with the yelling? Is your Mom where you can talk to her about that? Is there somewhere you can go until you feel safer?
    32 YO Wife, Mother and Advocate
    Lupus - Subclavian Bypass May of 2009. Ectopic Lentis, Scoliosis(not lupus related)
    Current medications: Aspirin, Plaquenil, multi vitamins, folic acid, Methotrexate, Tramadol PRN

You can find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/sororenotis
    Please tell me you are from here and who you are if you add me there.

I work full time and Leader for International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement
    http://www.iaamovement.org/

Thanks

im just ignoring him now. i'll talk with my mom about it later. he does this alot. he's ridiculous

Thanks

I am so sorry you are feeling sick and you step-dad is treating you poorly. Justomegirlindallas is right, that behavior would make anybody feel sick. I have also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia along with my Lupus. It causes muscle pain,joint pain and at times my skin just hurts. I am on Lyrica for the fibro and it really helps me. It does something to the nerve endings and allows me to receive pain less and in a different way. It does make me sleepy so I take it a night and it allows me to sleep pretty comfy. It is normal for patients that have been diagnosed with Lupus to have secondary autoimmune issues like the fibro. I just hope you can see your doctor soon so that you can start a treatment plan and finally have a bit relief. Keep us posted and keep ignoring the people who are not supportive in your. Remember we are a family that loves and supports you every day
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram