Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My so- called night out.....

Thanks

Spanglishqueen,

I'd definitely like to take u up on that offer. What kind of beer do u like? I usually dont drink beer but if I do I llike Blue Moon or Oberon with an orange slice.
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Thanks

I'm a Sam Adam's or Guinness gal but I also love Blue Moon . If not beer I drink wine or mixed drinks too!! If work sends me up you'll be the first I PM

Thanks

So sorry your friends let you down girl! They don't sound supportive or reliable @ all. I'm not suggesting dismissing them totally as friends but I'm sure you've learned you can't count on them to cheer you up when you're down. Hope you feel better!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Chriss,

I am so sorry, friends can be all about themselves sometimes. Thats why I gave most of them up. I 've tried the thing with relatives but I don't have any sisters and my brother is mental challanged. So that don't work for me.

My husband and my son are being my best friends right now and thats all I need.

Glad you got to spend time with your sister. Maybe one day your friends will realize they are missing out, not you.
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi chriss,

want to add to the list of hugs being sent your way. So sorry about what happened with your "friends". you have been thrust into a place where you have to make decisions based on what is best for you. If these "friends" are causing you stress, then, you are right, it must stop....I have had to put some "friends" into a non-affecting place, and nothing they say can hurt me any more. I have narrowed down my list of friends to a precious few....However, i know without question that if i need help, they will be here....that is what is important.

best of luck....you are making some very wise choices.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I too feel like this a lot. I get stood up by a lot of "friends". I know what you mean when you just need somebody to be there. I know this is a great site and that everyone here is so supportive and awesome, but some days you really just need someone to go to the movies with you or have a cup of coffee or something. It's so frustrating. Urg.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I'm not.

Thanks

Chriss, I am so sad. I hate that someone as wonderful as you was treated so poorly. I have two really close friends. The only problem is my best,best friend moved home to Tulsa with her husband and kids. She used to go with me when I had to get infusions. On methotrexate nights she would come over and lay in bed with me and watch Sex in the City over and over. At that moment I felt what a true friend was like and felt the love from someone who was there unconditionally. From then on I only allow people who are like this in my life. Friends have come and gone but I do feel blessed to have the two I have. Remember that our friends are the family we actually get to choose. You have a family here with us and I wish we could all physically be together when times are tough. I am with you in my heart and I am sending you gentle hugs and thoughts of true friendship
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

Hi Chriss,

Yep, that's Chuck Pottenger who runs the group. Have you met him before? I'm really looking forward to seeing you there!! I'll send you my phone number so we can talk before we meet at the group. I wish all of us here lived close to each other. Wouldn't it be cool if we could all just meet for dinner, or go to the movies together anytime we felt like getting out for a while?!
    Love...faith...joy...hope...strength...
    Lupus, you have no chance!

Love and hugs,
    Cheryl
    (mom to my little Chihuahua, Brandi)

Diagnosed with SLE, Sjogren's, Reynaud's, Celiac, and arthritis November 2006.