Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My so- called night out.....

Thanks

Default My so- called night out.....

So, yesterday I was feeling a little discouraged about my whole lupus nephritis bit and I told one of my friends " hey Im really down i just wanna get out and have some fun forget about things for a minute" blah , blah whatever. So my friend is like "awww honey Im sorry ok we can do something" We were supposed to me at 5:30pm for dinner..... well 6:00pm rolls around I call her and she's like oh IM waiting on my boyfriend to get home because she was watching HIS daughter. She said he should be home any minute I'll call you in a bit. I said ok and hung up the phone, now mind you that earlier I told her I was starving I didnt mention that in the beginning of my story. Anyway 7:00 rolls around she sends me a cowardly text " go ahead and get yourself something to eat he's not back yet, he had to stop by one of his properties to cut the grass" at this point Im livid, hurt, all those emotions, because I told her how much getting out meant to me and she completely flaked me. The only reason Im so mad is because she shouldve told me earlier she couldnt make it, but I still wouldnt have cared because she is soooooo selfish!!! Im always there for her and I ALWAYS ANSWER MY PHONE when she calls. Everytime I need her she has some drama or something and frankly Im just tired of understanding, especially when its not recipricated. Im getting rid of all selfish people.

Ohhhhhh but the night gets better..... My other friend sends me a text in the midst of all of this and says "hey wanna go get some food" so Im happy again and Im like yeah, I tell her Im glad she text me I need to get out Im sad, blah, blah.... so I tell her Im on my way to the restaraunt and when I get there I CANT FIND ANYWHERE TO PARK!!!!! Downtown Detroit is a B*%#$ for parking and there was a Tigers game going on. I DROVE AROUND FOR 30 MINUTES!!!! I called my friend and told her I cant find anywhere to park and did she just wanna go somewhere else? She said NO, I just ordered food and a drink so I'll just call you when I get done, Im like so thats it? I drove all the way here and drove around forever to just go back home? Then she suggested the most absurd thing Ive ever heard..... She told me to park in a pick up zone and if they come to tow it just hurry up and go out there to move it. Is that the dumbest idea you've ever heard???? Keep in mind guys I cant walk either because my legs, ankles, feet are swollen and she knows this so parking close is my only option or in handicap. Then she says Im having a drink right now and this conversation is blowing me and if your not going to park there then I'll call you when I get done, the phone hangs up.
    Im upset a tear drops and I just pull off and drive to nowhere.

There's more my sister in law calls me and tell me to meet her some place with her friends. I did meet up with her and spent the rest of the evening with her and I had a good time which at the end of the day is the only thing that matters. But I realized something very important...... I NEED NEW FRIENDS ALL MY FRIENDS ARE THE BIGGEST LOSERS!!!

tHANKS FOR LISTENING
    Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey thats sad,

Your not the first to go thru this, and i dare say not the last either, i had the same probs with my friends to, now i just dont bother explaining to them i just phone them drop of hat "coming out" yes or no, that must of been really frustrating for you, 2wice, it really pisses me off when "friends" are not honest from the start!

Im glad tho you managed to have a good time with ure sister, thats the good thing about family.......they never let you down!

Hope your weekend is much better for you

ISDM
    xxx
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Chriss, honey, I'm am so sorry! I definitely agree you need new friends. Have you tried talking to them? Telling them how you feel? Maybe they don't realize it.

I have only one friend right now for pretty much the same reason. I've never really gotten along very well w/other women and when I do make friends, for some reason, they always seem to be very self centered. I'm trying to make better choices in my friends.

I'm glad that you ended up having fun. You're right that is what's important, but it would have been nice if you didn't have to go through the other crap to get there!
    Lauren

Thanks

I know exactly how you are feeling. My two best friends went through divorces in the past couple of years and I was there for them morning, noon, night and even in the middle of the night. I found out last summer that I had lupus when I was put in the hospital. I had an awful summer because I was in and out of the hospital and going back and forth to Mayo Clinic. But when I would ask for help with anything she was not available. But whenever she needed anything she would call or call me whining about her life. This is when I was on 110 mg of predisone and lots of other drugs and my body was going thru hell. So to say the least I do not talk to them anymore. This is another reason this disease really sucks!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh im so sorry you had t go through all that.Some friends are so self centered.Im glad it ended on a better note.Unfortunately at times like this,we then find out who really are true friends.I have come to learn recently,i have no true friends at home.I have to jump when they want me,to listen...but when i call or need them....they either are 'too busy'' or just forget me.Hard lesson,but at least now,when you find new friends ,they WILL like you for you,who you are now.Sending you gentle hugs.I did used to also make excuses for my friends like,they have a family,they're busy,but at the end of the day,friends are not supposed to let yu down constantly or make you cry....thats how i learned.
    We are always here for you.Hope today you feel a little better.
    lots of love
    Amanda//.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Thanks guys,

I have tried talking to them and they just dont seem to get it. They say they do but clearly they dont. They are what you would call a fair weather friend, when Im well its all good but when Im sick or emotional from my issues they are all GHOSTS. That experience was an eye opener and I learned and Im better for it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Well always know we are always here for you and in time your new friends will always be there when you need them and not be fair weathered.

lots of love Amanda.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Angeloliver,

you are absolutely right! Im not sweating it anymore. My friend made me cry yesterday thats unexceptable and at that moment I realized..... Im never talking to her again she doesnt know it but me and her are so over...... WE NEED A NEW WORD!

Thanks for listening
    Chriss

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Chriss, I am so sorry to hear that your friends have not been true friends. I had a fair weather friend too. I always made excuses for her. Finally, I realized she isn't worth my tears and dumped her too. I don't want friends who are only their when the time is good for them. It was a hard painful lesson and I am sorry to hear that you are learning it now. If you lived in the NYC area I would say feel free to give a shout when you are in a go out mood, but I think you are on the West Coast. I am glad that your sister helped you salvage the end of your evening.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

The thing is when you have friends who upset you,because you are alone or feel it,you'll find you will still make the call,no matter how you feel as there is noone else.I do this,only cause i dont want to loose a friend ive known for so long.But,i feel the distance is coming between us and i am getting prepared for one day not having them in my life.
    I have lost many friends and it hurts when they go,the love is still there,but to keep them in my life is making my heart sad,so unfortunely i know it'll happen.
    We all have paths in life,at some point our paths change....so it must be one of those things, life changes. we have to do to feel better.But then as we feel so sad and alone,like we have noone....sure enough we make new friends who suddenly appear on our new path of life.
    Sometimes i wish we could stay on the same path always,but life isnt like that,so good luck on your journey and know.......you have already made some good friends here already who care n who understand and will listen,no matter what you have to say.

Lots of love Amanda.xxxx
    Last edited by Angel Oliver; 07-11-2009 at 10:42 AM.