Thread: Michael Jackson Had Lupus

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Michael Jackson Had Lupus

I just heard that Michael Jackson's current dermatologist just released information that he had Lupus. I knew about the vitiligo, but I'm not sure if I had previously heard about the Lupus.
    In an interview with Larry King, Dr. Klein (the dermatologist) stated that, " He (Michael Jackson) had a red butterfly rash, and he also had severe crusting you could see on the scalp. ... So I then did a biopsy. I diagnosed lupus. And then our relationship went from there."
    I guess, given the fact that vitiligo and lupus are both auto-immune diseases, that it should not be a surprise that Michael would have both. Especially since it is a given that, once you develop one auto-immune disorder, you are much more likely to develop another or several others!
    At any rate, this was news to me and, actually, explains a lot!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Yep, a few of the news agencies mentioned it after he passed away. I had heard about it a few years ago and he was listed on this site with celebraties with Lupus. Nice to hear from the doctor that actually diagnosed him though. Hopefully this will bring more understanding out about this disease.

Thanks

Yeah, i think i already knew that...
    They have been mentioning it more since he passed though...
    *~* Monique *~*

Thanks

I recently heard that after he passed. It explains alot too since we did see him frequently with an umbrella when he walked outside.
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes...he did have Lupus and I am glad it is coming out cause now quite a few family and friends are mentioning it to me as I had just told my fam/friends a month ago that MJ had it but it hasn't been publicized and that explains the umbrella being out in the sun and the face mask on some occassions if his immune system was weak/low...heck sometimes I feel like wearing one cause people can be so gross with the sneezing and coughing and not covering their mouths. AND we can all relate to him having the pain killers can't we?!?!?!? I know I understand!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes I think he may have had lupus. Someone has been posting some very good articles on facebook about it.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Thanks

After I heard the rumors surfacing awhile ago about him having Lupus, I wondered about it when I saw him protecting himself from the sun, and his kids covered with veils. Perhaps he was worried about them developing it.

It's too bad he didn't know about THIS forum....he would have been welcomed here, with open arms, anonymously or not.

Here...He would have found understanding...compassion...and friends that are not here to be your friend because you are a famous, important person....but because you are a person that is important and valuable just because.

My sorrow is that he was misunderstood and ridiculed and probably very alone...and lonely with this disease. We ALL understand how that feels.

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yes Lori well said.My heart breaks when i realise he has gone forever.I know he still lives on in us,his fans his music n his children n family,but what he went through...oh makes me so sad.To not be able to go the shop alone,to cross a street when he felt like it,to take his children out...in privacy.He had no privacy,always surrounded by people who pretended most of the time they loved him for him,but i think it was money talking to them.
    I followed him,was a fan.I loved him for being such a caring,kind and fab man.Oh his songs will get sung by me always.But also living with Lupus,walking out under a brolly....the media just were horrible to him,about him.Shame on them.I'll miss him...just for being Micheal.I didnt know him,but i so wish he would have found WHL to know for sure....we would have cared truley and asked for nothing in return.

Love Amanda.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx