• weight loss without meds

1 4.55%
  • weight loss with meds

4 18.18%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: weight gain or loss?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am not dignosed at this point but still feel the need to post.
    I can say both ways for me. At my highest weight as an adult was 450 and my lowest weight was about 130 that was last year I am back up to around 165 or so and now I am going back down again.

I don't think mine is from meds, even though I take a truck load at times. I feel mine is from something else. I just wish it would get to one place and stay there. The fat monster drives me nuts.

I got clothes in my closet from size 7 to size 22 sounds crazy. about 3 years ago I lost about 30 lbs in one month and had to stay in the hospital. Mine is just mind blowing at times.
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Thanks

I have heard of the Lupus weight gain and weight loss. As if we as women weren't on a weight rollercoaster anyway! I have lost some with the meds, prednisone, and the pneumonia that I am experiencing, but I do feel really bloated?! I can relate to feeling pregnant. I hopped on the scale this morning expecting the worse and i was actuallly down in weight, I just had this bloated belly.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have lost 40+ lbs from Nov. 2008 (First diagnosed) to Beg. of Feb. 2009. Steriods I think made me loose...that and DRASTIC Change in my diet and what I eat and don't eat. If I don't loose lbs I definetly loose inches. I loose whether I work out or not...which is nice but not so much for my pockets/clothes I wear as I have not bottomed out yet with my weight loss. I love loosing the weight but hate the way it came about=Lupus.

Thanks

Well since being off the prednisolone, and cutting out a lot of foods from my diet (corn chips and dip are my favourites lol), i have lost 1.4kg in 4 days. I am quite happy with that LOL!! I dont know if its the lupus or the food thing, but i will take it!!
    *~* Monique *~*

Thanks

I think it all depends on the dosage when it comes to prednisone. Ive been taking prednisone for almost 9 yrs, 5-10 mg, just recently Ive been raised to 60mg and boy o boy did I pack on the weight.

Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Thanks

yeah, when i started on the prednisolone, i was on 80mg a day, and the weight just piled on, even when i wasnt eating much at all!! On the smaller doses (5-10mg) i wasnt gaining weight...
    *~* Monique *~*

Thanks

I've gained and lost since I was diagnosed, but I think for the most part it's my own fault, not the lupus. When I'm on prednisone, I gain easily, but I guess that's to be expected. That said, I lost 80 pounds after I was diagnosed, but I worked damn hard at it!! Over the winter, I gained 20 pounds, but that's because I was depressed, pissed off at the world for having lupus, and dealt with my emotions by eating chocolate. Lots of it. Now I'm losing - very slowly - and I want to lose 50 pounds. I won't be thin even at that, but my doctor doesn't want me to lose more than that. He said that for auto-immune patients, it's actually better to have a little extra weight. I'm not sure why, but I'm all for that, lol!
    Love...faith...joy...hope...strength...
    Lupus, you have no chance!

Love and hugs,
    Cheryl
    (mom to my little Chihuahua, Brandi)

Diagnosed with SLE, Sjogren's, Reynaud's, Celiac, and arthritis November 2006.

Thanks

I gained about 10 pounds but it was last winter right after my surgery. I was not able to get around for some time and all I ate were lime flavored tortilla chips.....not the healthiest food but oh well! I am trying to change my diet but I feel like I have a bit of water weight right now. I kind of feel floaty....if that makes any sense

I like this poll and the posts here have made me smile and not feel so alone with this unstable side effect of you lovely disease!
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram