• weight loss without meds

1 4.55%
  • weight loss with meds

4 18.18%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weight gain or loss?

Thanks

Default weight gain or loss?

I am trying to post a poll, but don't know if I can figure out how. Anyway I have read the symptoms of lupus and it says weight gain/loss. I would like to know who gained weight with or without meds and who lost weight.
    I gained 30 some pounds without prednison.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Well i giggled as i read this as im sat here now with a ...cornbeef n tomatoe sandwich,a pack of custard cream biscuits and a packet of crisps .
    I used to be called 'stick insect' as i was always so slim,ate anything never put an once on. Then the meds came....the food craving came....the weight came!! Even when i sleep im dreaming of food. I was 8 n arf stone....then 9 n arf stone for along time....now a HUGE 10 n arf stone n gaining as i write eating these biscuits .xxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I had weight gain even b4 I started taking medications. Since I've started the prednisone I've gone up some, but not too bad. It's mainly just swelling I guess.
    I used to be a stick also! Then when I started getting sick I started putting on the weight! Hubby & I will be married for 8 yrs this month. When we got married I weighed ~ 110 lbs, now I weigh 177!
    Lauren

Thanks

Same with me, I have gained weight even before I was diagnosed, due to my joint pain, I just couldn't move like I did before and still can't.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I gain, than had problems with bowels and lost and after flare went away gain it back. GI dr. said it was the lupus for weight gain and loss.

i hope this helps an i don't take any meds now, but have to start now since kidneys are affected.
    Keep Smiling

Thanks

I actually lost weight before i was diagnosed. Then i started prednisolone and BANG there came like 6kg in about 4 or 5 weeks. Ughhhh.
    But i have managed to stay the same weight for a few weeks now, even on the meds. Next step is trying to lose the weight from the stupid steroids (plus the extra i want to as well LOL)
    *~* Monique *~*

Thanks

I actually lost weight in the beginning of my illness, now i have put on some,my jeans are a bit snug than they were before. Its possibly from me not being as active now that im resting MORE than i EVER have in my entire life. I also get swelling so i think its a mix of things.
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

I gained 50lbs in the past year and a half before being rediagnosed. Now that I've been on the meds, my weight has finally started stabilizing. Hopefully once I'm able to start moving around more I'll be able to work some of that weight off.
    "When life gives you lemons... search for the vodka"

Thanks

Angel, you crack me up. I don't know what you mean though by "arf stone" , cracks me up just the same.
    I have only put on about ten pounds but it must all be in my belly, I swear I look like I am about 5-6 months pregnant, wouldn't that be a sight to see haha
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

i lost weight.. both before prednisone and after.. lost 7 or 8 pounds before I finally stablized at about 120lb (i'm 5ft 7in and a tad on the skinny side now.. this would have been a dream for me at age 20, but at age 52, not so much!!) some of the weight loss was due to changing my diet to eat more healthy.. cut out sugar and starches and other inflammatory foods... and some was due to lack of appetite and the energy to just get up and eat something..