Thread: glad to be here

Thanks

Default glad to be here

I belong to another lupus forum, a very wonderful one at that, but I have come across this forum, and hope to learn and give back in return. I was dx'd in 2002 with lupus, and now things that have happened over the past 15 years are finally making sense. I am 37, married to a wonderful, dear man and have 2 beautiful gifts from God, my children. I take Cell Cept , plaquinil and Lymbostat B ( a mab drug). I love life to its fullest, because each day is a gift! I look forward to getting to know many of you here!

Thanks

Hi Cheryll!

I admit, I'm on two boards as well. What I like about that is that both are so different. Both are wonderful. Don't quit your other board just because you've joined here, please continue to post both places!

Getting a dx is such a relief - it means you have a NAME for the way you feel. Sometimes that alone makes you feel better, I know it did for me. I was dx'd a couple years ago as well I've been lucky, mild symptoms, am on plaquenil and take various supplements as well. Somedays I take tylenol arthritis, but seldom need more. Like I said, lucky.

I do take care - avoid sun, I'm now exploring food allergies. I know I feel best when I eat HIGH fruit, and I don't eat meat (except for occassional fish) anymore. That I also think has helped me.

Many hugs, Cheryll, and welcome!

Thanks

Default hi hatlady!

I'm on the other board that you go to as well ( highmaintence) . i figured this was you, but wanted you to come forward first, so not to breech any privacy! this board is nice, you are so vocal here! where do you find the time dear hatlady? I really look forward to getting to know people here too, and hope I can be of some help in return...have a great weekend! cheryll

Thanks

I wondered if that was you! I figured I'd get confused if I used different monikers on different boards.

My fingers do the walking, I am online in the evenings while TV is on (we are lucky to have DSL and wireless in the house), then in the a.m. before work whle eating breakfast. Sometimes work allows me a moment to slip in during the day. So yes, I'm a chatty one.

Both boards are great, aren't they? Very different feel to them, which makes me want to visit both regularly.

On this one, there's a little "posts since last visit" option that means you can quickly see what's been going on since you last signed in. That's how I catch the posts so easily.

Hugs Cheryll! See you both places! :lol:

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

CHERYLL AND HATLADY :lol:
    I am so happy to see that friends have found each other here. I want to thank both of you so much for supporting this forum and for helping me to do something helpful in my daughter's memory.
    I wish both of you health, continued enjoyment of this precious world and your precious gifts from God!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

thank you for the warm welcome!!
    its a priveledge to be here, I hope I can be of some service to any that may need help... a group of supportive people can make all the difference! I'm sorry to hear of your daughters battle with Lupus..you are doing such a wonderful thing in her memeory...thank you for starting this board up!!!

Thanks

Saysusie;

I'm also glad you started this board! WHile CHeryll and I are participants in another board as well, the two boards have very different "personalities" I like both, for different reasons.

This board is a wonderful resource for me, and I'm sure for the many others who visit. What a fitting tribute to your daughter.

Thank you --

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

You are most welcome! I do hope that his board is of some help and comfort and it is very important to me that I do this in memory of my daughter. I wish she and I had been able to find something like this when she was ill!!

Once Again..Thank You Both

Saysusie

Thanks

Default New to this board

I belong to 2 boards - I started the Atkins diet in 2002 and have lost 80lbs and then just recently got the diagnosis of lupus (have had UCTD since 2001). These type of boards really help because it's hard to go through this alone.

I hope to find the kind of support here that I've found on my Atkins Diet Bulletin Board. Also going to look into joining a support group in my community!
    Catlady4520

Thanks

computers and the internet have certainly changed our lives - mostly for the better. Imagine, we're a community of friends - around the world - sharing experiences and knowledge among our selves. Supporting eachother when we feel down or in pain. Wow.

Thanks for each of you and thanks for this board!