Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: this is weird

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    It's weird, isn't it? Sometimes the itch is on the surface in a group of raised bumps shaped kind of like sunflower seeds-I know, it sounds odd. But other times there's no real surface reaction at all, and the itch seems to come from underneath the skin, from the inside. Like there's pins and needles under my skin. I don't know how much of this is caused by MS, and how much is Lupus. It's maddening sometimes, especially when you just want to sleep.
    It is so odd and very hard to predict! I know exactly what you mean about the itch underneath the skin. I feel like it is prickly needles poking from under the skin and it hurts and itches!!! I never see any bumps from this yuck but other times I get patches all over my skin and when they go away I have brown spots where the bumps were or even bleaching of the skin. The good thin is this normally fades back to normal over time. It is no fun
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

WOW, its so nice to know it ISNT my imagination! Rob, you nailed it once again!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Currently still in Weston Village, Runcorn, United Kindom
    Thanks

only about 30% of patients actually get the rash..

anyway welcome to the forum Widebody.... chin up
    The worse the bad times are the more we appreciate the good things in life..

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I get the wierd bumps. Usually on my arms and legs. And the beneath the skin itch. It's so annoying. Somtimes I feel like there are spiders walking all over my skin. ewwwwww! I showed the bump rash to the first rheumy I saw. Her words - I'm not that impressed. I was like, excuse me, I am not trying to impress you. I am trying to figure out why the H-E-Double Hockey sticks I have this and it comes and goes and how to get rid of it.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SandyR View Post
    I get the wierd bumps. Usually on my arms and legs. And the beneath the skin itch. It's so annoying. Somtimes I feel like there are spiders walking all over my skin. ewwwwww! I showed the bump rash to the first rheumy I saw. Her words - I'm not that impressed. I was like, excuse me, I am not trying to impress you. I am trying to figure out why the H-E-Double Hockey sticks I have this and it comes and goes and how to get rid of it.
    Preach it, girl!!
    Blessings,
    Carrie

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe."

Thanks

I've been getting the bumps on my face the last couple of days...not real bad, but definitely visible. And what's strange (well, what ISN'T strange about this disease?!) is that there' s no itch, no prickly feeling, more just like a constant heat. Aveeno skin calming lotion helps a little (not $16/bottle worth, though!!).

On another note, I learned a harsh lesson yesterday -- wore short sleeves, forgot my sunscreen, was outside maybe 5 minutes total and felt like I had the flu. Crikey.