Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just getting the hang of this site

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default just getting the hang of this site

Hello, please excuse me if I am not posting everything right on here. I am new to this and I am just figuring this site out. My hands don't work well so my typing is very badly at times.

I have read alot of the messages here to get lots of understanding as to who everyone is and to how others cope with medical problems. I was afraid to do the first post as I have not been dignosed with lupus yet being see that I am not the only one here like that I still felt I could get some understand about what to expect as I feel I will get a dignoses, it has been the only thing that fits all my problems.

bear with me, my life is full of stress right now, due to some family issues that are going on with one of my crazy children. (I have ask my family to not include me in all the drama that one of my kids seems to bring to our lives) but as some of my family thinks I just don't care and it's not that I just don't care, I don't feel like telling them whats going on in my own life, because of all the talk as I see some of you have have had the same issues of it being all in your head. My family or may I say some of my family seems to think that as well. You know thoses in the family that don't live with you so they don't understand whats going on.

My mom who I am very close to was dignosed with kidney cancer last year and I can not talk to her about my medical issues as she has her own right now and I don't want to upset her. I feel my husband who has been wonderful in this whole mess has heard enugh and I don't like to feel like I am complaining to him about it.

I think this will be a great place for me if everyone can put up with my postings. Sorry if they seem so long.
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh lovely Leaann,

You post where ever you land.We will always reply where ever you put them.This is yur safe haven.Write anything.We will all support you through it.So sorry to hear about your mums diagnosis and your own,your heart must be breaking and coping with a family too.So glad you found us.Every one here are very caring....so you get it all out.Dont worry about anything,spelling ...anything.I just wrote a post and wrote white water farting instead of white water rafting....i quickly pressed edit ...so funny.But thats brain fog..we all have it.We all share fun stories sad stories,chat in general,news on telly,good fortune..anything.
    We are here for you.
    lots of love
    Amanda.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Leann,

You're fine, your postings arent too long. I just recently joined about 1 1/2 weeks ago and Im so glad I found this website. Everyone is so supportive and Im going through a lupus flare right now and its been tough but everyone here has given me lots of support and strength to help me through.

Again welcome,
    Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default thanks Amanda

Oh Amanda,

If nothing else just you alone made me laugh this morning, and its been hard to do that latley... Thanks so much for understanding...
    Lea
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh i am so glad.You will find yourself laughing allot more even on your lowest day.The things we all do.For example 2 things ive done.....finished my dinner it had a little food on the plate.I threw the plate in the bin and the food in the sink.Also i had a cigerette,i know bad habit, and the phone was on the bed.The phone rang....cig went to my ear phone went to my mouth So you post anything.Look at the lovely welcomes so far.A safe haven!!!

love
    Amanda.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default I thought I did crazy things

Hi,
    I am glad to see I am not the only one who does crazy things, my usually consisit of lighting the cig backwards,(yes we both have that bad habit) and most lately making tea and pouring it in the sink in stead of pouring it in my glass and then stopping and wondering why I have nothing to drink.

My mind seems to be going in a crazy direction but like I tell everyone I would rather laugh than cry...
    Lea
    Medication

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Here all this is the norm....so yes you laugh at the funny things you do.But also,take time when you need to cry.....either way...you'll feel a little better.Just hang in there and watch as you receive warm welcomes from all the lovely members who you'll find understand you.Im going now to lie down n watch Michael jackson tribute stuff on telly...hopefully i'll nod off to sleep lol. Im in the UK where are you? Bye for now n catch up with you soon.

lots of love
    Amanda.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Its ok i know where you live i peeped lol.xxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi leaane,

i see you have experienced the humor and compassion of our dearly loved member, amanda.....she is always here to give us a laugh or send us a hug from accross the water.

you are in such a frightening phase of the diagnostic process. You are doing exactly the right thing by browsing around this site, and making notes of similar symptoms that you are experiencing, or that you have ever experienced.

so sorry to hear about family drama....unfortunately, many of us know too well what you are going through. Also, so sorry about your mother....i hope she is doing ok.

you will find that no one is judgemental here, and all venting posts are received with understanding and acceptance. Please make yourself at home, and join in on our family communications.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default I think I have come to the right place

Thanks everyone,
    I think I have come to the right place... Everyone seems so nice here and to talk to people who can understand I think will make a world of difference. It has not been easy and I am sure that there will be times when it is harder. I just always knew there was something wrong with me it's just now that we are getting answers it just seems more real.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and offeres of friendship.
    Lea
    Medication