Thread: Questions-saw dr.

Thanks

Default Questions-saw dr.

I have so many questions for all of you out there. I hope that it is OK to ask. I had a Drs appt with my oncologist (had Hodgkin's Disease 11 years ago) for a follow up. He asked me if I am going to get a second opinion and recommended me to a rhuematolotist that he likes. I don't know if you remember, the First rhumatologist told me that she did not think that it was Lupus even with the symptoms that I am experiencing. She did not repeat the ANA or titer or other Lupus tests. To get to my questions, I asked my oncologist if there is a corrolation between having hodgkins disease then getting Lupus. He could not answer me but stated that they may be related. Have any of you heard anything about this? The other thing is that I have a rash on the insides of my thighs. A couple of doctors tell me that it is ringworm but it does not go away and it always come back. It is itchy and raised. The rhumatologist gave me splints for my left hand because it hurt badly and she thinks that it is carpal tunnel. Since wearing it, it has felt better. I don't know what to think. Is she right? I think that I will get that second opinion. Just wanted to pick anyone's brain.
    Thanks for reading. Lisa

Thanks

Default Hey Lisa

I would definitely get the second opinion. Can't hurt. If the docs think the rash is ringworm, did they give you anything to treat it? If so, is it working?

Hang in there and go see the other rheumatologist. Start keeping a journal of your symptoms...when they started, how long they last, etc. This information will be helpful in terms of communicating to the new rheumy exactly what is going on. I have found that the docs respond better when I am organized.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Jana
    Life is measured not by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think Pearl gave you some good advice. Ringworm is a fungus, so if that's what you have, it should respond to antifungal cream. As for the wrist, even if is isn't Carpal Tunnel, it would make sense that it would feel better after resting it. I would (and am) get a second opinion. I've come to realize that I would rather hear from several different doctors several different opinions in hope that there will be a consensus (and solution) rather then trust in one random doctor that I don't really know anyway. Better safe then sorry, right?
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Hi

I am new here but not new to doctors. I would have to say get a second opinion. It took me many doctors before I settled on one that seem to be going in the right direction.

let us know how it goes

Hope the rash (ringworm) goes away soon.

Take care
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline