Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: body temp below 98.6?

Thanks

Question body temp below 98.6?

Hi - I've seen fevers mentioned frequently with Lupus but my question is...does anyone else typically have a BELOW normal body temp? My "normal" temp is about 97.2 so I can feel as though I have a fever at 98.6. Just wondering if that's something unusual with me or if others have the same issue. My temp has only been like this since I've been ill - it used to be 98.6. I am also being treated for chronic lyme disease so am never sure what symptoms go with what illness, or if they aren't related at all. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this...

Ang

Blog Entries
    Thanks

my body temp is always 97.9 so anything above that is a fever for me. so you can have low body temp all the time and when its elevated it is a fever for us. your not alone my dr. put in my file so when they do take my temp. they know if above that is a fever for me.

your not alone.
    Keep Smiling

Thanks

Hi Ang...

I am Oluwa..have we met? I don't think so..hugs, welcome.

Yep...seems to be the norm with Lupus. Night sweats, low temperature, chills. I started a thread a while back...follow the link...

http://forum.wehavelupus.com/showthr...ht=temperature

Also too....basal temperature falls and rises with our menstruation, ovulation cycle. One of the many changes that take place in a woman's body during her menstrual cycle is an increase in body temperature at the onset of ovulation...when we lay an egg. He peaks sharply. During the first the first part of a woman's cycle, the body temperature is lower, oh about 10 days before the big O or right at the onset of your menses. We attempted INVITRO before..so I know how the temperature fluctuates with the cycle.

Are you taking your temps are various times of the day and it remains the same? Usually upon rising we have a lower temperature too.

My doctor could not explain the cause as before Lupus decided to settle in permanently with all the symptoms daily I usually ran high in the 99point...range. I get the stink eye..the blank stare when I ask such questions.

For some a low temperature is their norm...but it could be hormones, thyroid...hypoglycemia..medications....

Be well, keep well.
    Hugs.
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am way past the age of menstration or cycles and my body temps range from 96 to 100.5 some days and when they go over what is considered normal i feel rotten but it is something i have been living with since i was diagnosised with lupus and myositis 3 years ago. The doctor asked me if i can stand the fevers and i said i guess i have no choice. I do not know if this will last me lifetime or noti hope that you feel better and this web site is so helpfull for the many of us who are in the same boat . Love bonita

Thanks

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the responses. It's always nice to have a place to come where you can bring up weird symptoms and not have people think you are wacko! haha Oluwa-yes, I'm new. I just jumped right in and started posting. I was rude and didn't post an official introduction. Am happy to have found this board. It's a great source for info and support! Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Ang

Thanks

Oluwa............you are amazing and always have such amazing information to share with all of us.......thank you and tonight I am sending you hugs

Ang123.......I normally always have a small fever but when my fever breaks I immediately drop lower than 98.6. I always wondered if this was normal and I missed Oluwa's thread, so thank you for bringing it back up......I feel much better tonight. I am also sending you hugs too
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

Ah, you're welcome and thank you Danica ..that is so lovely of you to say..hugging you back.

I read alot, been through alot and the PC is so handy. I learn as I go...

Enjoy the day..I will.
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

different people run at different temps, even different blood pressures. my temp usually runs around 97.0 so a 99 temp is pretty high for me. also my bp runs like 108/70ish. more than likely this is normal for you. 98.5 is just an average "normal" temp.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I'm not.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I also run low..except when I don't.... then I know I am having an episode...hee hee
    Grace and Peace,
    Laura
    I have loved you with an everlasting Love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you"

Thanks

my body temp is always low also, so if it reaches 98.6 I have a fever. My mom was the same way.