Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insect bites

Thanks

Default Insect bites

I have been increasingly sensitive to mosquito bites in the past couple of years. I swell more than ever, I got a bite on my upper arm and the redness and itch spread to about a 2.5 inch radius that has been there about 3 days now. The only meds that I am on are Plaquenil and aspirin.

Any thoughts?
    Karen

Thanks

Karen,
    I wonder if it is because our immune systems are in such high gear all the time with the auto-immune problems. I've noticed that my allergy symptoms have gotten worse every year.
    Marla

Thanks

Maybe its a new breed of mosquitoe ? The mosquitoes are much more fierce these days. It may not neccesarily have anything to do with lupus, but on the other hand what isnt lupus related??
    Put some witch hazel on it.
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Thanks

I have gotten these huge mosquito bites for years now, they started way before I was on any meds for lupus. Mine are huge, bigger than a half dollar coin. If there is one mosquito and 50 people, I will be the only one that gets bitten. I am going to buy that mosquito repellent fan, that you can clip onto your shirt, I think it is worth a try.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am like debbie-b, i get bitten by them and all of a sudden i have a welt bigger than a quarter and the itching so bad and the color it gets so red. i go wash the spot off right away to make the itching go away. i think its just our immune system acting out as usual. they have a new off clip that works also put a dryer sheet in pocket if going out.
    Keep Smiling

Thanks

Thumbs up me too!

I get enormous welts also and always have. They last forever too - my husband can get bitten and have a little tiny red mark and it will be gone the next day. I'll still be itching like crazy weeks later and they get this ugly dark reddish-purple color before they finally start fading away. We also joke that mosquitos will search me out from miles away!! I saw 2 mosquitos on my leg the other day at NOON when it was in the 90s. I can coat myself in Off but if I miss any spot, they'll find it. Have about a dozen bites on my leg right now because I guess I forgot to spray the back of that ankle. I say it happens because I'm extra sweet. ROFL

Ang

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I just stepped outside a minute to wash out my cat's littler box. I'm covered in bites right now. They are ready bad where I live. I guess I'll go scratch now.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Its proberly the new super bug,

please take your time to check it out, its a good read!

i live by a river and the bites i get all over my body is summin else!

anyway alot of bugs these days have grown a tolerance towards the "new" pesticides being sprayed on our crops, the super bugs have come back this summer bigger and stronger......

They will take over the world i tell you!!!!

ISDM
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

Had that happen before I was even diagnosed. I never had any problems with mosquito bites, then all of a sudden one year we went to watch the fireworks out at a park on a bayou. Next day woke up with huge welts and looked like I was covered in hives. As gina mentioned, might have something to do with our hyper active immune system.
    "When life gives you lemons... search for the vodka"

Thanks

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!! Tim and I were talking about this about a month ago!!!!!!!!! We were trapped in the movie theater and they devoured us for two hours........I am surprised I had any blood to give after that day Well, my bites swelled three times as much as Tim's and he mentioned that maybe it had something to do with my Lupus and immune system. I laughed it off and said, no, it couldn't be......they are just yucky, blood thirsty bugs!!!!!!!!1 Now I find this and I think he knew what he was talking about but I will keep that information between us
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram