Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dizzy/Spinning

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Dizzy/Spinning

Any suggestions on what to do for the dizzy sensation? World is not spinning, just me & my brain! Some days are worse than others, but it doesn't matter whether I'm walking or sitting. Had CAT scan done last week at ER - normal. I'm amazed that they even found my brain! It's just really annoying! I don't even trust myself to drive when it's acting up.
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi lauren,

wow, you must really be suffering with these dizzy spells. I have experienced times where i was nervous about driving, but not because of dizzy spells. I experience these spells especially when i am in a flare, but you must really be getting hit hard by them....so sorry and i hope you get some relief.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Phyllis,
    Yeah, they have been pretty bad lately. I don't know whether I'm coming or going lately. On the one hand the Meth. seems to be helping, overall energy level has increased - but still hurting, dizzy, sob, etc..... I guess I'm still just trying to find my new "normal", unless I'm just in one big, long continuous flare - UGH!
    Oh well, going to go sit back in hubby's recliner & finish watching Little House on the Prarie! Have a good night!
    Lauren

Thanks

Lauren,* ****** It's called "vertigo" I get it sometimes... it feels like you're dizzy and the ground is moving or spinning kinda???? Yeah, I get that sometimes its such a drag I hope you feel better, there really isnt anything they can give you for it either But this too will pass. Sorry you're going through those dizzy spells.

Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Chriss,
    Sorry you get it too. My ground isn't spinning though, my head is. It's like everything else is completely normal except inside my head. But then again, that kinda goes right along with everything else, cuz don't ya know "It's all in your head!" Sorry, that's mine & hubby's joke since all the docs basically kept saying that for so long!
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My aunt has vertigo you should get check out. she takes meds and has to sleep with her face on the left side she says that helps when waking up with it.

go to drs. to see if its that
    good luck
    Keep Smiling

Thanks

Lauren,Yeah its kinda hard to explain its definitely a weird feeling.
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Thanks

I get the dizziness too! I have had it on and off since i was 6. It sucks pretty much! I have always had to just wait it out, sometimes for 2-3 days at a time! UGH!! I have noticed though for me anyways, that i need to stay away from ANY sugar or sweets in general or it makes it WORSE. Just a little tidbit of info, maybe it will help!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

I used to suffer from vertigo and the doctor had to finally give me something. It really helped but made me very tired. I had it so bad, you know that feeling you get when you get off the elevator, as if the floor is falling out from underneath you?????? I had that all the time and it made me feel so sick. Here is a website on vertigo.....hopefully it will help and hopefully it well help you put together some questions for your doctor:

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/vertigo/article_em.htm

Good luck and keep us posted. I am sending you gentle hugs and thoughts of you keeping your feet on the ground tonight
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

Vertigo v. dizziness or Vertigo and dizziness.

From reading through these post, I see two different symptoms and I have experienced both.

Mountaindreamer said "I have experienced times where i was nervous about driving" Thanks for sharing that tidbit. I wasn't sure if that symptom was SLE Lupus related or simply an anxiety attack.

Vertigo on the other hand is often described as 'dizziness', but my experience it is more of an off balance feeling when mild. When severe it is the most debilitating symptom I have ever experienced.

Good to know both are part of the autoimmune package.

Cobra said "unless I'm just in one big, long continuous flare - UGH!" In twenty years, I have never went into remission, but my symptoms have improved. Sort of like a never ending roller coaster ride, with highs and lows.
    Diagnosed in 1991 with Fibromyalgia, followed by SLE Lupus, Raynaud's phenomenon, Sjogren's Syndrome, Vertigo (Autoimmune inner ear and/or CNS), neurogenic bladder and colon.