Thread: Can we share success stories?

Thanks

Default Can we share success stories?

I'm training for a triathlon. Who would have thunk it since 2 years ago I was in a hospital getting a kidney biopsy.
    http://pages.teamintraining.org/epa/nattri09/evictor

I just thought it would fun to share success stories even the small ones. I remember when I first logged on someone shared that she was doing a semester abroad in Paris and that meant alot since I was worried I'd never travel again.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

wow pappilon, what a great accomplishment you have earned. Congratulations....i hope you are beaming with pride because you deserve it. Good luck, and please let us know how you do in the race.

Let's see.....a couple of weeks ago, i washed my front porch and cleaned out my garage....all in one day. I bragged to everyone about that.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

What a beautiful idea! This will be a way to list peoples spirits and to remind ourselves that every day is worth living.....even if it is pain.

Here is my success story, my life in pictures!

http://monkeyseemonkeydoaroundamountain.shutterfly.com/

As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

I went back to school at the age of 28 and got my Associates degree. I was diagnosed at 17 in my senior year of high school and had to put things off for a while while I worked on getting better. I now hold down a full time job after being put on disability at 19 and told I would never be able to work by many of my doctors.

Thanks

Outstanding thread Pap!!! It's cool to hear everyone's successes. Awesome Kducks that's the spirit always try to prove them wrong never settle for bottom line. My biggest thing now is trying to keep going even tho my body wants to make me quit. I have joined Roller Derby have attended 4 out of 7 practices and hope to be at practice Sunday and then I want to kick up the fitness plan again I am looking into a good fitness plan I can stick to. Hurray for all of you triumphant spirits!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

What a great idea...and I'm already feeling encouraged!

I have spent a whole week without needing an ice pack for my head/eye pain! Which means my life has been busier this past week! YEAH!!!!

Danica...I LOVE your shutterfly page! So much visual encouragement!!! I bookmarked the page and will be spending some time there looking at all the photos.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you for starting this thread...
    My success story...I needed help on and off the toilet, in and out of the shower, couldn't lift my arms to comb/brush my hair, put on deoderant, squeeze toothpaste tube. IN so much pain if the wind blew too hard I would cry from the pain my body felt...Here I am 6 months after being diagnosed and enduring all that..I work out for an hour or so major cardio/strength training, I drive myself to and from work or any place else I want to go, I can lift my arms to comb my hair, apply makeup. I am independent once again....there is life after Lupus! Small victories!!!