Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Wheel Chair

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default My Wheel Chair

Well I got my laptop back. After that my mom fell. They think she may be having some kind a strokes or something. They told her to use a walker til she finds out why she falls. Her back hurts so bad. She won't use her walker. They told her not to drive also. So I've been taking her everywhere.

My insurance denied my wheel chair. So I found one on Ebay. We had to drive all the way to Oklahoma to pick it up. We went this past Friday. Came back Sunday. My husband and I took turns driving. It was 2050 miles round trip. It took 40 hours round trip. We passed so many places I always wanted to go but we couldn't stop. My husband had to be back a work Monday. We sent one night in a hotel.

The wheel chair is in very good condition. The man that had it is very sick. He had to get a new one custom made. He seemed so lonely. He didn't want us to leave. We wish he didn't live so far we would visit him. Carrie Underwood's (American Idol) is his neighbor. He love to talk about her. She one of my favorite also.

I'm so happy with my wheel chair. Now I can go to the places I couldn't for so long. I'm angry because my insurance and doctors tried go deny me that. But my prayer where answered.

My husband said he hopes he can go with me the next time I go to the doctor. He says he wants to see his face when I roll in with my chair.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm so glad you have it and are more mobile now, but so sad you had to go to such great lengths to get it.

Sorry to hear about your Mom...I hope she's going to be okay.

Ask hubby if he'd care to take a pic of the doc's face... I'd like to see that too!! lol.

Thanks

I am glad, that you got your wheelchair. But it is a shame that you had to jump through all those hoops.
    I hope your mom is better now.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am happy that you now have more mobility with your new wheelchair. Carrie Underwood is one of my favorite singers also.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

welcome back becky,

i have missed you and have been wondering about your chair. I just can't believe that everyone turned you down....we have to fight for so much, and this really takes the cake.

what a trip you and your husband made cross country. It is a shame that you could not stop and see the things that you wanted....but now you have a chair and maybe you can plan future trips. That was very supportive of him to make such a long trip over the weekend.

hooray for getting the computer back. browse around and see what has been going on, and make sure that you join in our threads.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I want to start by saying how sorry I am that your mother is going through a rough time. You are amazing for taking such good care of her. My grandma can not get around by herself anymore and my mama has to take care of her and drive her around everywhere. My mom does not think twice about doing it but I do see the worry and exhaustion in her eyes. I hope that when my mother is unable to get around that I am capable of taking care of her. You and my mom inspire me

I am soooooo happy that you have your chair! I hope this opens the world back up to you and you can start enjoying life a little bit more! The trip you made was so long but just think, you brought joy to the lonely man and he will never forget the time you spent with him. I am sorry you were not able to stop at more places but just write them down and when you are well enough plan a road trip with your husband. You can drive and spend time with your loved one and explore the wonderful Untied States!!!!!!! It will give you something to look forward to!

Keep us posted on how you like your chair and how your mama is doing. I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts and I am sending gentle hugs to noth of you tonight
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

You are such a lovely daughter and a great friend.So glad you had time to make converstaion with that man,you probably made his year.Well done.
    Yes and so happy you have your chair.Make sure you get a video taken as you wheel in....lets see if your doctor actually listens and helps you better now.

Lots of love to a great person.

Love
    Amanda.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Smile

Im so glad you got your wheelchair, these insurance companies are something else. You have the right attitude and things will work out if you remain positive. Im glad your prayers were answered
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Thanks

Outstanding story. It's nice you were able to have a cross-country trip and meet someone who has a made a tiny difference in your life and you in his. Not only did you get a wonderful wheelchair but you made some pretty cool memories.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Glad to hear that you were able to get a chair, sorry it took so much for you to get it. If you don't mind my asking, why did the insurance company deny it? Were you trying to get an electric one? I'm asking because I may need to get one pretty soon. We have one that we picked up at a flea market, but it's not electric & has no footrests. I don't have the energy/strength to push it by myself & I don't like having to depend on having the kids w/me all the time to be my "chauffers".
    Lauren