Thread: New member & question about exercise DVD

Thanks

Default New member & question about exercise DVD

Hello everyone;
    Can you recommend an exercise/stretching DVD? Is there one that you have used and like?

I have SLE and Sjogrens and my dr says I have fibromyalgia too. Anyway, many of the threads I've read say that exercise can help with fatigue and pain management. So if you can recommend an exercise DVD that you like?

many thanks,
    Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi jeannette,

welcome to our family.....you will find that this group consists of extremely knowledgeable and very compassionate members. Someone is always around to help whenever needed.

I also have sle, sjorgen, and fibromyalgia. I used to own a personal fitness business, and have had to stop most exercise because of lupus and fms. I try to swim whenever i can, and i walk as much as possible. I have tried to continue weight training, but it causes too much pain in my hands. I have tried yoga, but the extreme stretching is impossible with fms.

There are members here who have been very successful with exercise, and i am sure they will be along very soon to share with you.

I suggest you try gentle exercise, and see how far your body will go. I do not recommend that you do more than just a few minutes at first. Sometimes all i can do is 10 to 15 minutes, and i just listen to my body and stop....if i don't, i will go into a bad flare.

Good luck, welcome, and keep us posted on your success.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

This will be an interesting thread...I'm trying to find the right exercise for myself that won't kill me. I hadn't thought to ask the experts here. *headsmack*

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindreamer View Post
    I used to own a personal fitness business, and have had to stop most exercise because of lupus and fms. I try to swim whenever i can, and i walk as much as possible. I have tried to continue weight training, but it causes too much pain in my hands. I have tried yoga, but the extreme stretching is impossible with fms.
    Phyllis...I didn't know that. So sorry you had to give up your business, sweetie.

Thanks

Jeannette...

I use a collection of DVD's called 10 Minute Solutions. They have many, many from yoga, stretching, kickboxing to Pilates. I bought three of them from Amazon. Pilates, Rapid Results Pilates and Fitness Ball. I like them when I do them...and I modify the movements if need be...

Also I have two of the Beach Body Collections, very vigorous but I like the 10 minute warm routine and the stretching routine on those. I can no longer do their actual routine...

And another one I use to enjoy is Richard Simmons on VHS, he may have a DVD out ...though a bit...well..whimsical I like his Stretching to the Classics I believe is the name. In this one he is very relaxing....not hyper...

Mix 'em so you don't get bored.

I do believe it is important to keep moving and stretching is the best. In bed, in the shower...do a routine...

I swim in the summer when it isn't raining...and I love it. And I stretch it out several times throughout the day like my dog and cat. Animals are always stretching...humm.

Here's to feeling better and wanting better for yourself...hugs.
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.