Thread: Mission 101 in 1001

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Smile Mission 101 in 1001

The truth is you donít know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride and nothing is guaranteed so make this the most important moment of your life - commit to it.

The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days

The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

WHY ME? I recently had to have Bypass at the young age of 29 after dealing with seemingly chronic off and on health issues leading up to that point. The bypass was essentially a second chance at life and during the time of healing I have been reviewing my life. For months I had been craving to live normally but preparing to not be here at allĖ I feel like I need to do more with the second chance Iíve been given.

I have been reviewing my outlook on things like my family, my marriage, maintaining and develop quality relationships and limiting involvement with stressful scenarios/people (more importantly, improving my reaction to them) , improving the quality of care I give myself physically, mentally and spiritually Ė and consequently others.

I am serious about this list and making the effort/taking the time to do each of the items on it. I feel confident that it will be a wonderful exercise in self-discovery and help me to become more confident and live life more fully. I do not quite have 101 things are here yet but I just started writing it yesterday. I wanted to get it up as soon as possible.

A complete stranger I met in a Lupus support community back in November inspired me to get more involved in my healthcare and subsequently inspired this little project.

Feel free to check back from time to time and see my progress.
    I hope that others will see my list and feel inspired to make lists of their own and share them, therefore inspiring others!

My list is here : http://sororenotis.spaces.live.com/b...8318!353.entry
    If you feel inspired to do one yourself - this site will help with ideas http://www.dayzeroproject.com/

I personally think its a great idea, especially for those of us dealing with chronic illness. The tasks do not need to be outlandish - just measurable

TAG! YOU'RE IT
    32 YO Wife, Mother and Advocate
    Lupus - Subclavian Bypass May of 2009. Ectopic Lentis, Scoliosis(not lupus related)
    Current medications: Aspirin, Plaquenil, multi vitamins, folic acid, Methotrexate, Tramadol PRN

You can find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/sororenotis
    Please tell me you are from here and who you are if you add me there.

I work full time and Leader for International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement
    http://www.iaamovement.org/

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I can hear, in your post, how calming this venture has been for you. It has already had an immense impact on your life, your outlook, and your vision of your future. If just contemplating the course and preparing the list has been this beneficial to your emotional health, just imagine how completing the tasks will make you feel.
    You are absolutely right that this is something that could make a great difference for those of us with chronic illnesses. Thank you for sharing and for inspiring us!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Sounds pretty ambitious Anna, I like that. This sounds like a good way to keep ones head in a good place, and accomplish some important tasks at the same time. I say dive in head first and don't look back.

Rob

Thanks

That defiantely is the KEY to this, KEEPING YOUR HEAD IN A GOOD PLACE. I SAY WOO FRIGIN HOO to that!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette