Thread: need a good doctor in CO

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default need a good doctor in CO

This is the fist message I have ever posted anywhere. so please bear with me if I mess it up. I think I have lupus. I had the mylar rash 2 yrs ago, I now am "allergic to the sun", have had weird rashes, fevers, and have joint pain in my hands and knees. My ANA was 40? I asked to have the ANA done myself, bur my family Dr. doesn't think it means anything. I went to an arthritis clinic in Denver (a long trip) and they did blood and xrays. All I heard back was a message on my answering machine saying, "Your labs are fine." I have left 3 messages, on three days, and they won't call me back! I need a good doctor. Maybe I am a hypochondriac. I don't know. Help please.
    |\_.._/|
    o o
    (=T=)
    .^'-^-'^. K@
    '. ; .'
    | | | | |
    ((_((|))_))

Thanks

Hi Madcat,

It is hard to say if you have lupus, you certainly have some symptoms that sound like it! Many of us have wrestled with symptoms that didn't match the bloodwork. And gone from doc to doc for years to find out what was wrong.

If you can find a rheumatologist who will meet and TALK with you, assess what you're feeling and possibly review a journal of your symptoms over time, that will help. I think you have a medical school in the Denver area? If so, try there - you may end up a "specimin" for a class, but you could also get fantastic care - as the students AND the docs will discuss the issues you're facing and review tests that might tell them what is going on with your body.

Keep reading, keep looking for a doc who will listen. Stay out of the sun, try to stay low stress.

And stay with us on this board - we're here for you.

Thanks

Have you asked your primary care doc for suggestions for a good rheumatologist? I have an excellent rheumatologist, Martha D'Ambrosio in Colo Spgs though she's very difficult to get into. First time I saw her, it took 6 mos to get in to see her.

Check around and ask different drs who they suggest.
    Catlady4520

Thanks

Madkat,

I know how you feel... My GP kept telling me that my labs were fine too I finally went to the University of Colorado Hospital, where I have actually had a pretty good experience with the doctors and students and everything... Right now, I am completely in their care... They actually care about what they are doing and their patients... That would be my recommendation... Let me know how things turn out!!!

SoleSinger
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

I'm not sure if you live North or South (or east or west), but I think a good Rheumatologist is James Day. He's at 18th and Kipling in Lakewood. You said Denver is a long trip but he's very caring and not hard to get an appointment with. I feel like he takes his patients seriously which I think is hard to get a doctor to do when you have Lupus.

Thanks

Default thank you

Thank you for the doctor suggestion. It would sure be a change to have a doctor that acted like they cared, or even someone that actually called back! Will give him a try.